Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Open-Source ATI Driver Is Becoming A Lot Faster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    It Was Meant Mainly For Vincent, Actually

    Originally posted by AdrenalineJunky View Post
    really? cause i'm pretty sure this forum is still quite divided, seems every topic i see on the matter has a few people complaining about how horrible AMD is and a few saying they don't have any problems.

    regardless of what you have to say though, you'd probably be much better recieved if you tried some level of respect. calling everyone "stooges" and "teenage thugs" doesn't really impress people.
    Just as soon as the AMD fanboys stop using deeply offensive words like "autistic" and "retarded", I might consider being civil. I am a parent with an autistic son, and I find the language here at times totally unacceptable and offensive.

    But it is not just ignorant language that characterises some of the contributors here. It is less than a year ago that one of them threatened to shoot me dead, right here on this forum. And it was me who was banned for complaining about it. Michael has never addressed this issue. And we all know why.

    So don't lecture me about being civil and respectful. Get your own house in order before you DARE to mouth off about something you know absolutely nothing about.

    Comment


    • #62
      Gents which part of <b>" DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS"</b> plate is so hard to understand ..?

      BTW congrats to radeon FOSS driver team. On my crappy x300 mobile FlightGear runs at about 8 FPSaverage at 1440x1050 res. Hell, with res reduced to 800x600 it goes on 16FPS average. And that's without pageflip. I have never seen FlighGear havin more than 3 FPS on average, even on stronger vidcard. It seems later this year this lappy may be even usable for light gaming. LOL.

      Comment


      • #63
        Radeon OSS drivers are a funny thing. Those who use them, like them, those who buy from other manufacturers hate them and write about it on the internet

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by gordboy View Post
          Just as soon as the AMD fanboys stop using deeply offensive words like "autistic" and "retarded", I might consider being civil. I am a parent with an autistic son, and I find the language here at times totally unacceptable and offensive.

          But it is not just ignorant language that characterises some of the contributors here. It is less than a year ago that one of them threatened to shoot me dead, right here on this forum. And it was me who was banned for complaining about it. Michael has never addressed this issue. And we all know why.

          So don't lecture me about being civil and respectful. Get your own house in order before you DARE to mouth off about something you know absolutely nothing about.
          I personally wouldn't charactarize any portion of my prior post as "mouthing off"

          And if you find their behavior so poor, then i don't see the logic in reciprocating it.

          there will always be people who are rude on the internet, that doesn't mean you have to become one of them.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            Radeon OSS drivers are a funny thing. Those who use them, like them, those who buy from other manufacturers hate them and write about it on the internet
            Well, I use them but still don't like them They keep disappointing me every couple of days when I try something only to find out it doesn't work.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Well, I use them but still don't like them They keep disappointing me every couple of days when I try something only to find out it doesn't work.
              You speak that way because you still didn't try Intel drivers. Trust me, radeon is heaven in comparison
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                You speak that way because you still didn't try Intel drivers. Trust me, radeon is heaven in comparison
                Yeah, I've got a taste of Intel drivers when trying to install Ubuntu on a friend's laptop. It ran like crap (after installing latest drivers from a PPA, it didn't run at all without them); he wiped it and went back to Windows XP two days later.

                But still, the radeon driver is still not something I would call a "3D graphics driver." To deserve that name, it actually has to work.

                Comment


                • #68
                  BTW someone made my day ...
                  Just look at bottom of the page ....



                  Spot on !!! :thumbs:

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    But still, the radeon driver is still not something I would call a "3D graphics driver." To deserve that name, it actually has to work.
                    You should have stable and accelerated OpenGL 2.1. So there's probably something trivial going wrong.

                    If you provide more info, we'll probably get it working. You can use the Gentoo forum if you want, there is a long thread about Radeon drivers.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                      You should have stable and accelerated OpenGL 2.1. So there's probably something trivial going wrong.

                      If you provide more info, we'll probably get it working. You can use the Gentoo forum if you want, there is a long thread about Radeon drivers.
                      Well, for starters I can't enable 3D acceleration in VMWare. It crashes with r600c and doesn't work with r600g due to missing S3TC.

                      Another issue is that most games run slow. Windows games in Wine barely run at all.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X