Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting world of warcraft running?

Hi

I've been having some stability issues with s2ram on fglrx, and I gave the open source drivers a serious try. They've been getting better fast, most of the problems I had earlier are gone (a lot related to tvout/multiple monitors and s2ram). But I wanna get 3d working.

I tried installing the st3c lib (found a debian package at debian multimedia, and it installed cleanly on my ubuntu maverick install). I got gallium3d set up and working. Compiz works (although a bit slowly). World of warcraft starts, but I'm missing models, and I get the error "Need instruction operand number for 16" on a terminal.

How can I get further? Can I at all at this stage?

Originally posted by neuron View Post
    I tried installing the st3c lib
    on my last try the st3c only works on 32bit systems out of the box...

and i think the st3c lib for debien is for r300-r500 only

you need to download the source and compile it.

Comment

hi, which gxapi do you use?
      for me wow on r300g with opengl is just running fine
      even though i only geht 12-30 fps.

greetings

Comment

Warcraft will only work with r300g

How can I get further? Can I at all at this stage?
        You haven't said which generation hardware you have, but WoW will not with R600+ until r600g supports the libtxc_dxtn library. Support for S3TC textures is mandatory for WoW.

If you have R300-R500 hardware then you should be fine using r300g.

Comment

I'm on a 5750 :/

Comment

Then you're out of luck.

I'm on a 5750 :/
            Sorry, neither r600c nor r600g is capable yet of running WoW. Your options are:
            a) patience (for r600g to evolve),
            b) fglrx, patience and tranquillizers (for the amount of grief that fglrx will cause you)
            c) NVIDIA

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
              Sorry, neither r600c nor r600g is capable yet of running WoW. Your options are:
              a) patience (for r600g to evolve),
              b) fglrx, patience and tranquillizers (for the amount of grief that fglrx will cause you)
              c) NVIDIA
              c) nvidia LOL-- thats why he use the radeon driver because he wana have c)

s3tc works on 32bit linux with the 600g driver

for the 64bit he need to tweak a bit.

Comment

Thanks for muddying the waters.

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                s3tc works on 32bit linux with the 600g driver
                Not the last time I tested it, it didn't. And not according to the feature matrix, either:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

I'll elaborate: r600g needs to expose the OpenGL S3TC extensions.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                  Not the last time I tested it, it didn't. And not according to the feature matrix, either:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

I'll elaborate: r600g needs to expose the OpenGL S3TC extensions.
                  last time i check it i download a source compile it and install it then the nativ 64bit apps work with s3tc

but not the 32bit apps in wine.

Comment

Good for you, BUT...

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    last time i check it i download a source compile it and install it then the nativ 64bit apps work with s3tc

but not the 32bit apps in wine.
                    I tested r600g from git on Saturday 11th December 2010 against World of Warcraft itself, and it did not work. Nor did it make any attempt to load the libtxc_dxtn library. (I have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of that library, BTW.)

I have no idea what you were testing, or how you were testing it, but I strongly suspect that your definition of "S3TC support" has no bearing on this conversation...

Comment

Working...
                    X