Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting world of warcraft running?

Hi

I've been having some stability issues with s2ram on fglrx, and I gave the open source drivers a serious try. They've been getting better fast, most of the problems I had earlier are gone (a lot related to tvout/multiple monitors and s2ram). But I wanna get 3d working.

I tried installing the st3c lib (found a debian package at debian multimedia, and it installed cleanly on my ubuntu maverick install). I got gallium3d set up and working. Compiz works (although a bit slowly). World of warcraft starts, but I'm missing models, and I get the error "Need instruction operand number for 16" on a terminal.

How can I get further? Can I at all at this stage?

hi, which gxapi do you use?
    for me wow on r300g with opengl is just running fine
    even though i only geht 12-30 fps.

greetings

Comment

Warcraft will only work with r300g

Originally posted by neuron View Post
      How can I get further? Can I at all at this stage?
      You haven't said which generation hardware you have, but WoW will not with R600+ until r600g supports the libtxc_dxtn library. Support for S3TC textures is mandatory for WoW.

If you have R300-R500 hardware then you should be fine using r300g.

Comment

I'm on a 5750 :/

Comment

Then you're out of luck.

Originally posted by neuron View Post
          I'm on a 5750 :/
          Sorry, neither r600c nor r600g is capable yet of running WoW. Your options are:
          a) patience (for r600g to evolve),
          b) fglrx, patience and tranquillizers (for the amount of grief that fglrx will cause you)
          c) NVIDIA

Comment

Thanks for muddying the waters.

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            s3tc works on 32bit linux with the 600g driver
            Not the last time I tested it, it didn't. And not according to the feature matrix, either:

I'll elaborate: r600g needs to expose the OpenGL S3TC extensions.

Comment

Good for you, BUT...

Originally posted by Qaridarium
              last time i check it i download a source compile it and install it then the nativ 64bit apps work with s3tc

but not the 32bit apps in wine.
              I tested r600g from git on Saturday 11th December 2010 against World of Warcraft itself, and it did not work. Nor did it make any attempt to load the libtxc_dxtn library. (I have both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of that library, BTW.)

I have no idea what you were testing, or how you were testing it, but I strongly suspect that your definition of "S3TC support" has no bearing on this conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                Sorry, neither r600c nor r600g is capable yet of running WoW. Your options are:
                a) patience (for r600g to evolve),
                b) fglrx, patience and tranquillizers (for the amount of grief that fglrx will cause you)
                c) NVIDIA
                a : That I have. Bought the card to support the open source drivers. And I'm positively surprised at the pace they've been getting better.
                b : Which is what I'm on now. A fair amount of problems, but nothing I can't live with.
                c : Came from nvidia land. Nvidia is good when it works, but they never ever fix bugs. And when you have massive issues, and they arn't fixed in years... I'm very happy with my amd card

Comment

d) find out what's missing from running WoW and code that

Comment

defenatly an option. I am an open source developer, but the graphics stack is a bit too complicated for me. And I don't have the time (right now) to dive into it.

Comment

Working...
                    X