Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap! You Can Use XvMC With ATI Gallium3D!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Sounds great, thanks for the info!

    And please keep us up-to-date, at least if there's no new article on this topic at phoronix.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by HokTar View Post
      FYI Corbin wants to merge pipe-video to master which seems promising.

      Also, Christian refreshed his git repo recently so he is still hard at work.
      what video formats/codecs are supported by pipe-video ????

      and it will have to be "presented" to the applications in order to use it right??

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        what video formats/codecs are supported by pipe-video ????

        As far as I know this branch contains the video layer for gallium (g3dvl) so it can accelerate xvmc.
        There is also an initial commit for the vdpau state tracker.

        Note that it has none of the work done by Christian Konig! Hopefully after this merge his commits will land soon.

        Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
        and it will have to be "presented" to the applications in order to use it right??
        I think the players simply need to support the decoder, i.e. xvmc or vdpau, so ideally it will work out-of-the-box with mplayer, etc.

        Comment


        • #49
          ok thanks

          it would be nice to have h.246 and VP8 acceleration at some point without having to rely on the GPU decoding hardware

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            it would be nice to have h.246 and VP8 acceleration at some point without having to rely on the GPU decoding hardware
            That is exactly Christians' goal. (h264)
            Veerappan (Phoronix member - see this thread) is working on an opencl vp8 decoder so we would need clover to move along. Unfortunately, Zack Rusin is not working on it at the moment.

            Comment


            • #51
              Good news everyone! Looks like the VDPAU and XVMC state trackers are going to be merged to master this evening!

              http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ne/008008.html

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by pejakm View Post
                Good news everyone! Looks like the VDPAU and XVMC state trackers are going to be merged to master this evening!

                http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ne/008008.html
                which codecs work/will work with this ???

                Comment

                Working...
                X