Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5450 on ubuntu 10.10 Software rasterizer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5450 on ubuntu 10.10 Software rasterizer?

how to chance this into hardware rasterizer?

Given the timing of Evergreen accel development and Meerkat lockdown I doubt that the drivers are sufficiently up to date. You need later than 6.13.2 radeon or backports from the evergreen-accel branch (probably not there so you won't get any accel), Mesa 7.9 (which probably is there, although last I heard it was frozen a bit before the last Evergreen fixes went in) and I think you need 2.6.36 kernel vs 2.6.35 in Meerkat.

In other words, you almost definitely need newer X and kernel drivers, and might need newer Mesa as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Given the timing of Evergreen accel development and Meerkat lockdown I doubt that the drivers are sufficiently up to date. You need later than 6.13.2 radeon or backports from the evergreen-accel branch (probably not there so you won't get any accel), Mesa 7.9 (which probably is there, although last I heard it was frozen a bit before the last Evergreen fixes went in) and I think you need 2.6.36 kernel vs 2.6.35 in Meerkat.

In other words, you almost definitely need newer X and kernel drivers, and might need newer Mesa as well.
      ok thx for the howto-

ubuntu 10.10 so close fails to support r800 directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        ubuntu 10.10 so close fails to support r800 directly.
        Ubuntu isn't know for its cutting edge software support :P

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          Ubuntu isn't know for its cutting edge software support :P
          10.10 isn't stable right now and mesa7.9 is the cutting edge version..

Comment

I think the problem was that evergreen accel support came out too close to 10.10 lockdown to allow time for testing.

BTW I don't think 10.10 actually has mesa 7.9 final, but picked up a slightly earlier drop from the mesa 7.9 branch a few weeks before 7.9 went final. If Meerkat were "Ubuntu 10.11" everything would have lined up a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I think the problem was that evergreen accel support came out too close to 10.10 lockdown to allow time for testing.

BTW I don't think 10.10 actually has mesa 7.9 final, but picked up a slightly earlier drop from the mesa 7.9 branch a few weeks before 7.9 went final. If Meerkat were "Ubuntu 10.11" everything would have lined up a lot better
              right.. my problem is i think if i use xorg-edgers for the OS driver i think i broke my system for the catalyst 10.10..

damn.

ok cat 10.10 first then xorg-edgers LOL..

Comment

With ppa-purge, also included in xorg-edgers ppa, you can revert to the original packages even if your xorg should be broken...
                ...at least worked well for me.

Comment

OTOH, xorg-edgers for Maverick should have everything needed for Evergreen support by now. Just add a kernel from the Kernel Mainline PPA.

Comment

Originally posted by tormod View Post
                    OTOH, xorg-edgers for Maverick should have everything needed for Evergreen support by now. Just add a kernel from the Kernel Mainline PPA.
                    Pretty sure xorg-edgers ppa doesn't include evergreen-accel branch last time I checked..otherwise yes it has new kernel and xorg.

Comment

Working...
                    X