Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa git testing experiences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It goes to a commit much earlier than the id for the commit marked as good though.

    Entered this one (2010-08-17)
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...80a55dd8528051

    but it goes to this one (2010-06-24)
    http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...438a44eb1beae7

    That doesn't seem to make much sense to me.


    About the ./configure thing it rejects every option I pass it aside from --prefix=.

    These are the same options I use to regularly compile the most recent master/head or whatever.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
      It goes to a commit much earlier than the id for the commit marked as good though.
      Did you tell git which commit is bad?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by tormod View Post
        Did you tell git which commit is bad?
        Just using "git bisect bad" should mark the current version as bad.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
          It goes to a commit much earlier than the id for the commit marked as good though.

          Entered this one (2010-08-17)
          http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...80a55dd8528051

          but it goes to this one (2010-06-24)
          http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...438a44eb1beae7

          That doesn't seem to make much sense to me.
          I _think_ this is because the commit in question was developed on the glsl2 branch, and only recently merged to master. But I'm far from an expert on git...

          Comment


          • #20
            Well bisecting from anything after the glsl2 branch was merged works fine. Taking a commit from before it does the above.

            Comment


            • #21
              The git history is a graph, actually a pretty complex graph as everybody makes branches and merges them again. Bisecting that by hand would be crazy and that's why there is git bisect. Just believe that it does the right thing.

              Comment


              • #22
                So after 3 upgrades of mesa stack, Heroes of Newerth still arent working and no mesa developers are answering bugreports. May someone more experienced can try those git revisions on r600 with heroes of newerth to figure out which one is "bad"?
                f668ea11
                ff26594a
                ecec6df9
                d442a01a
                after upgrade to some of those revisions HoN just stopped working for me. Thanks for help anyone.

                Comment


                • #23
                  1. You only filed the bug a couple of days ago, have patience.

                  2. There doesn't seem to be a demo of the game available, meaning it's harder to reproduce if you don't already own the game.

                  3. Try to add as much information as possible directly, in general, too much information is better than to little. (Add the screenshot you mentioned in the bug report for example)

                  4. If it worked before, try bisecting. See if any shaders fail to compile. See if you can figure out which shader(s) is used for the models if that is the problem. (Perhaps one of the HoN developers can clue you in).

                  Etc...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    1. You only filed the bug a couple of days ago, have patience.

                    2. There doesn't seem to be a demo of the game available, meaning it's harder to reproduce if you don't already own the game.

                    3. Try to add as much information as possible directly, in general, too much information is better than to little. (Add the screenshot you mentioned in the bug report for example)

                    4. If it worked before, try bisecting. See if any shaders fail to compile. See if you can figure out which shader(s) is used for the models if that is the problem. (Perhaps one of the HoN developers can clue you in).

                    Etc...
                    Im not really into compiling. Anyway - you can download HoN client for free. In menu there are models displayed and moving even without loging in. So all i need is a tester so we could find out a revision which broke it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Great! (This is the kind of stuff a bug report should mention!)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Heroes of Newerth works again.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Works but the performance drop is still there. I guess that's a different issue.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
                            Works but the performance drop is still there. I guess that's a different issue.
                            I didnt noticed any performance drops on R600.. To be honest, i think its a bit faster than before...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              On r500 it went from playable at low settings to slideshow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X