Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R800 3D mesa driver is shortly before release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • R800 3D mesa driver is shortly before release

    R800 3D mesa driver is shortly before release

    yes the R800 mesa driver is coming this month

    *Happy*

  • #2
    Lol too late, I nearly bought a pair of HD 5850 yesterday, but judging that I won't even get '''2D''' accelerated desktop in Linux, I gave up the chance and went to SLI GTX 460 instead. Couldn't be happier

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
      Lol too late, I nearly bought a pair of HD 5850 yesterday, but judging that I won't even get '''2D''' accelerated desktop in Linux, I gave up the chance and went to SLI GTX 460 instead. Couldn't be happier
      and i do not have the money for 1 single 5570 ;-)

      "Couldn't be happier"

      be sure 'happy' and cloused source hardware (for an opensource os) isn't a good friend ;-)

      Comment


      • #4
        "Happy" is when it WORKS, not when it's open source.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          "Happy" is when it WORKS, not when it's open source.
          sure? i think not ;-)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
            Lol too late, I nearly bought a pair of HD 5850 yesterday, but judging that I won't even get '''2D''' accelerated desktop in Linux, I gave up the chance and went to SLI GTX 460 instead. Couldn't be happier
            PLONK

            10 chars

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              sure? i think not ;-)
              Yes, sure. I am not happy with the open drivers. They still suck. I'm not happy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                R800 3D mesa driver is shortly before release

                yes the R800 mesa driver is coming this month

                *Happy*
                "About time."

                Ok, nice. But who told you that? Some kind of
                "inner voice"? Your uncle who works at amd?
                "Some guy in irc"?

                Last questions to my new favorite forum oracle:
                Will i be able to run glxgears in 6 month on
                my (atm) 4 month old HD5850 with the FOSS driver?
                (Right now, i'm not even having flicker-free xv
                acceleration and i'm still stuck with shadowfb.
                And really, this sucks hard.)

                PS: I didn't want to talk about fglrx. This
                even sucks more. No other "driver" was able to freeze
                my pc faster than this piece of binary code.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Boris64 talked about what he experienced and he actually HAS an HD5850 card.

                  Qaridarium: you happy about what? Do you have an HD5000 card at all?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by boris64 View Post
                    "About time."
                    Ok, nice. But who told you that? Some kind of
                    "inner voice"? Your uncle who works at amd?
                    "Some guy in irc"?
                    Open source intelligence,intelligence collection management,Human Engineering/Social engineering (security), Vision and Imagination.

                    if you really read all of the phoronix posts for example 'Bridgman's' posts so you can get an 'open source intelligence'


                    Originally posted by boris64 View Post
                    Last questions to my new favorite forum oracle:
                    Will i be able to run glxgears in 6 month on
                    my (atm) 4 month old HD5850 with the FOSS driver?
                    6 month's you are not strong in reading right ;-)

                    i think the release is in less than 30days


                    Originally posted by boris64 View Post
                    (Right now, i'm not even having flicker-free xv
                    acceleration and i'm still stuck with shadowfb.
                    And really, this sucks hard.)
                    yes this sucks but it was your choice to not get a hd4xxx i have a hd4xxx and the opensource driver works...



                    Originally posted by boris64 View Post
                    PS: I didn't want to talk about fglrx. This
                    even sucks more. No other "driver" was able to freeze
                    my pc faster than this piece of binary code.
                    "Open-Source AMD/ATI Linux >"

                    i think this part of forum is crap free ;-) no 'fglrx' in my writing.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X