Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R800 3D mesa driver is shortly before release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
    Boris64 talked about what he experienced and he actually HAS an HD5850 card.

    Qaridarium: you happy about what? Do you have an HD5000 card at all?
    no i do not have a hd5000 card.. but yes i try to fix this problem after the opensource 3D mesa driver is released ;-)

    Boris64 also talks about his skill to get the wrong non hd4000 hardware for the opensource driver ;-)

    he cry about 4-6 month back in 2007 i buy a card (3850) for the opensource driver and i wait over 2 years!

    so 5 month for the opensource driver is very fast

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      Boris64 also talks about his skill to get the wrong non hd4000 hardware for the opensource driver ;-)
      I actually had a HD4870, which worked ok (after
      waiting 4+ month of waiting for at leaset 2d accel plus
      "i can't even remember how many month i had to wait" for basic 3d stuff (compiz!)).
      Btw, after 2 years (of waiting ) it just went up in smoke.

      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      he cry about 4-6 month back in 2007 i buy a card (3850) for the opensource driver and i wait over 2 years!

      so 5 month for the opensource driver is very fast
      2 years? Geez, no comment.

      Well, I did, too, buy this card because of all
      that fancy FOSS stuff (and because all "good" 40xx cards
      were sold out in my hometown) but on my 50xx i still
      can't even watch tv without tearing (buzzword vsync).
      Call it 'crying', whatever, it's still the truth.
      This is crap, right now at this very moment.

      Comment


      • #13
        your attitude is admirable, however waiting 2 years for the driver to come out is somewhat wasteful for me.

        Why don't you get what's usable back then, and buy a second hand HD 3850 for ~$30 now and get the same accelerated OSS desktop, while not having a miserable 2 years past memory?

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          "Happy" is when it WORKS, not when it's open source.
          Surely, every person should decide this for themselves?

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by boris64 View Post
            I actually had a HD4870, which worked ok (after
            waiting 4+ month of waiting for at leaset 2d accel plus
            "i can't even remember how many month i had to wait" for basic 3d stuff (compiz!)).
            Btw, after 2 years (of waiting ) it just went up in smoke.


            2 years? Geez, no comment.

            Well, I did, too, buy this card because of all
            that fancy FOSS stuff (and because all "good" 40xx cards
            were sold out in my hometown) but on my 50xx i still
            can't even watch tv without tearing (buzzword vsync).
            Call it 'crying', whatever, it's still the truth.
            This is crap, right now at this very moment.
            right from your point of view this is crap... but yes for people like you i do the forum post about the r800 3d mesa driver release here ;-)

            so please stop crying ;-) the r800 3d driver will save your soul ;-)

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              right from your point of view this is crap... but yes for people like you i do the forum post about the r800 3d mesa driver release here ;-)

              so please stop crying ;-) the r800 3d driver will save your soul ;-)
              It surely will. Just like the r600 driver did. Someday.

              But until it's released i can hardly believe
              in somebody yelling "it'll arrive soon, everybody
              clap your hands!". I don't believe in that guy
              from the street corner either, who keeps
              telling me that the end is near.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by boris64 View Post
                It surely will. Just like the r600 driver did. Someday.

                But until it's released i can hardly believe
                in somebody yelling "it'll arrive soon, everybody
                clap your hands!". I don't believe in that guy
                from the street corner either, who keeps
                telling me that the end is near.
                well why not send bridgman a pm and ask about the driver ;-)

                and hey... there is no need for believing anything just relax and wait

                Enjoy the show ;-)

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  well why not send bridgman a pm and ask about the driver ;-)
                  Well, i already did ask in #radeon some time ago.
                  Normally you get an answer like this:
                  "Some code is in IP review, will be released in more
                  than a week or in less than 3 month."

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by boris64 View Post
                    Well, i already did ask in #radeon some time ago.
                    Normally you get an answer like this:
                    "Some code is in IP review, will be released in more
                    than a week or in less than 3 month."

                    yes but the IP review is part of bridgman's job ;-)

                    so if bridgman is finish with the review the code the code can be released ;-)

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      I, too, have been studying Open Source Intelligence, and am pleased to announce that each install of the R800/Evergreen mesa driver will come with a free copy of Duke Nukem Forever.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X