Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amd/ati apu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    (scratches head)

    How do you think we are going to take support away ? Carpet-bomb the freedesktop.org server farm and send ninja assassins out to collect the heads of all the developers who understand the open source driver code ?

    Comment


    • #22
      You gotta love the internet. People unrelated to ATI construct something in their head as what they believe to be "ATI's plan", they put it on the internet and then other people take that as a fact.

      Comment


      • #23
        We will get great support from ATI because of fusion... they are working on it. But it should be ready next year for fusion launch. end of story.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          (scratches head)

          How do you think we are going to take support away ? Carpet-bomb the freedesktop.org server farm and send ninja assassins out to collect the heads of all the developers who understand the open source driver code ?
          So that's why there are so few devs! They're afraid....

          Comment


          • #25
            Gizmot, I don't really understand your comments about not doing anything in 07-09...

            2007 - launch open source graphics project, launch r6xx, display support for 5xx/6xx

            2008 - EXA, Xv acceleration for 1xx-5xx, launch r7xx, display support for r7xx, initial EXA, Xv acceleration for r6xx/r7xx, assist with KMS display support for r1xx-r5xx

            2009 - finish EXA, Xv acceleration for r6xx/r7xx, 3D acceleration for 6xx/7xx, launch Evergreen, assist with KMS display support for r6xx-r7xx

            2010 - display support for Evergreen, working on EXA, Xv, 3D accel for Evergreen now

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by curaga View Post
              So that's why there are so few devs! They're afraid....
              Yeah, everyone fears ninja assassins. You can't really blame them, I guess.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Gizmot, I don't really understand your comments about not doing anything in 07-09...

                2007 - launch open source graphics project, launch r6xx, display support for 5xx/6xx

                2008 - EXA, Xv acceleration for 1xx-5xx, launch r7xx, display support for r7xx, initial EXA, Xv acceleration for r6xx/r7xx, assist with KMS display support for r1xx-r5xx

                2009 - finish EXA, Xv acceleration for r6xx/r7xx, 3D acceleration for 6xx/7xx, launch Evergreen, assist with KMS display support for r6xx-r7xx

                2010 - display support for Evergreen, working on EXA, Xv, 3D accel for Evergreen now
                meanwhile, at nvidia...



                Development could have been a lot faster. My guess is that some guys/gals convinced someone at AMD to keep to opensource driver alive for the day this will be needed. Not to fast, just enough to develop knowledge on opensource drivers. Speed is ramping up fast. 2011: FGLXR will be dropped and both teams will be merged. 2012: windows driver is dropped and based on the opensource driver like nvidia for their blob. 2020: skynet produced on fusion5 chips. 2022: skynet gains self awereness. 2023: War 2024: AMD infect skynet with antic fglxr old driver 2025: humity win war thanks to AMD cleverness.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Damn, someone leaked our master plan.

                  Call out the ninja assassins !!

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    And no, we're not sending Cameron out after you. Nice try.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      And no, we're not sending Cameron out after you. Nice try.
                      I was afraid it would be a bunch of pirate ninjas riding sharks with lasers on the heads

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X