Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Radeon Power Management Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by yotambien View Post
    Do you know of an option somewhere to avoid this?
    with mesa from git set:
    vblank_mode=0
    do disable vsync. See this bug for related info:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28341

    Comment


    • #92
      Thanks, but I couldn't make it to work. It won't load the freshly compiled 3D driver for whatever reason >_<

      Next time I may have more luck.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        with mesa from git set:
        vblank_mode=0
        do disable vsync. See this bug for related info:
        https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=28341
        Is it/will it be possible somehow for the application to request a graphics mode without vsync?

        Comment


        • #94
          My FirePro v8750 still shits 60 Watt more power in Linux desktop than in Win 7 desktop. Remind you that this card doesn't even clock down in idle (designed as such). So I guess clock gating / power gating must not working at all under Linux

          Comment


          • #95
            As has been stated before, see this message for more on the current pm state:
            http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ay/000492.html
            You'll need to either enable dynpm mode or manually select a power state.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by agd5f View Post
              As has been stated before, see this message for more on the current pm state:
              http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ay/000492.html
              You'll need to either enable dynpm mode or manually select a power state.
              I am currently running Ubuntu 10.04 with stock kernel 2.6.34.

              Which kernel version has your mentioned functionality? It would be nice to test it out.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                Which kernel version has your mentioned functionality? It would be nice to test it out.
                kernel 2.6.35

                Comment


                • #98
                  I can't seem to find power_method in my sysfs directory.
                  Any idea what could be the reason?

                  Code:
                  Linux speedy 2.6.35-rc5 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jul 21 03:19:27 CEST 2010 i686 AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1700+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
                  
                  CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m
                  CONFIG_DRM_RADEON_KMS=y
                  CONFIG_FB_RADEON=m
                  CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
                  CONFIG_FB_RADEON_BACKLIGHT=y
                  # CONFIG_FB_RADEON_DEBUG is not set

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Are you sure you're looking at the right place?

                    Try following the steps in this post: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=33

                    Comment


                    • Yes:

                      Code:
                      speedy device # ls
                      boot_vga              consistent_dma_mask_bits  enable         modalias  rescan     resource0_wc  subsystem         vendor
                      broken_parity_status  device                    irq            msi_bus   reset      resource1     subsystem_device
                      class                 dma_mask_bits             local_cpulist  power     resource   resource2     subsystem_vendor
                      config                drm                       local_cpus     remove    resource0  rom           uevent
                      speedy device # pwd
                      /sys/class/drm/card0/device
                      In power subdirectory there's only a file called wakeup.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X