Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

amazing improvement in wine support and OSS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amazing improvement in wine support and OSS

    guyz, i tried to run the most important game for me in wine using the OSS drivers, well i was actually surprised that it almost works, hell nice peeps.

    aka
    * the game load perfectly fine, yes no sigsegv, no nothing
    * beside the ovbious the framerate is very playable, maybe 40ish fps
    * i try to test everything in game and it works, again beside the ovbious

    here is the proof
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/192/snapshot6o.png

    now if someone what means the error in console, maybe fixing that the game can run just fine

    awesome

  • #2
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    guyz, i tried to run the most important game for me in wine using the OSS drivers, well i was actually surprised that it almost works, hell nice peeps.

    aka
    * the game load perfectly fine, yes no sigsegv, no nothing
    * beside the ovbious the framerate is very playable, maybe 40ish fps
    * i try to test everything in game and it works, again beside the ovbious

    here is the proof
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/192/snapshot6o.png

    now if someone what means the error in console, maybe fixing that the game can run just fine

    awesome
    watch this: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23274

    radeon beat fglrx..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
      guyz, i tried to run the most important game for me in wine using the OSS drivers, well i was actually surprised that it almost works, hell nice peeps.

      aka
      * the game load perfectly fine, yes no sigsegv, no nothing
      * beside the ovbious the framerate is very playable, maybe 40ish fps
      * i try to test everything in game and it works, again beside the ovbious

      here is the proof
      http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/192/snapshot6o.png

      now if someone what means the error in console, maybe fixing that the game can run just fine

      awesome
      Lol, wut, why you have put swastika on KDE menu button?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        Lol, wut, why you have put swastika on KDE menu button?
        jajaja mybad im trying a theme set of windows 7 for kde in my rig rigth now, so i forgot i have those icons left. is not the best way to introduce linux to windows ppl, but most of my clients are really under average joe's so they need something familiar if you dont want to produce them a stroke or and CVA

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
          now if someone what means the error in console, maybe fixing that the game can run just fine
          If you're using r600, try removing libtxc_dxtn or disabling S3TC texture compression in driconf.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by whizse View Post
            If you're using r600, try removing libtxc_dxtn or disabling S3TC texture compression in driconf.
            you were rigth
            http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2240/snapshot7lk.png
            the game is playable just filter texture and advanced shader arent working, but is quite an a achievment

            thx, men. in the console is another error which i think is stencil extension is not hardware accelerated

            Comment


            • #7
              That's cool

              I'm quite surprised how well things are working with Wine too, but on the Intel side.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by whizse View Post
                That's cool

                I'm quite surprised how well things are working with Wine too, but on the Intel side.
                yeah i agree, is impressive that such a young driver that is not even full accelerated or optimized or feature complete can handle already some commercial games like lineage2 in wine without core glitches (i mean all the goodies in fglrx like the famous sigsegv ), ofc it still missing some extensions here and there but like i said is already playable, just that is impresive

                keep the good work mesa/OSS ppl you are doing great

                Comment


                • #9
                  civ4 is near to be playable !

                  hey I've upgraded to lucid a few weeks ago, and tonight I've tested xorg edgers repository.
                  I'm able to start civ4 (under wine of course !), and the perf are goog enough with an hd4650. the only problem is that the main screen is black

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X