Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want To Get Into Radeon Driver Programming? Read This.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Get Into Radeon Driver Programming? Read This.

Phoronix: Want To Get Into Radeon Driver Programming? Read This.

If you've been wanting to get involved with the open-source ATI Radeon driver development process or you simply want a better understanding of how the open-source Linux graphics drivers work (particularly for ATI hardware), there's some great reading material for you this morning...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODE1NQ

Perfect!

Commence reading session...

Comment

Fantastic!

That's great to see the development cycle of linux graphics running into such a healthy orbit. It is hard but is also attractive. Nice job!

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Thats fantastic. Thanks for bring it to my attention.

I really hope he continues. I've been wanting to contribute to the ATI OSS driver for a long time but I don't how or where to start. CLI/GUI programming seems like such a different world from something lower level(kernel/driver).

Comment

I also like the idea of this blog. Good work :-)

Comment

This is great. There are probably lots of developers out there, like myself, who are interested in contributing but have no idea where to start. I look forward to reading this.

Comment

Now this is epic!

This should have been an article more than a news post stuffed away in a tiny column on the right side of the website!

_O_

Comment

This is really good to see from a point of general understanding. However, there's still not a lot volunteer devs can do until the kernel has support for acceleration enabled (Still needs a blitting shader).

Comment

Very much appreciated, already looking forward to the next post!

Comment

Working...
                    X