Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these patches land in 2.6.34 rc2 ?

Comment

i pretty sure the man trying to ask you to provide some graphic happiness, you spoiling us with, to all free and non-free kernels out there simultaneously

well, you know all this crazy talk about porting KMS\TTM stuff onto *BSD and Gallium on Windows(tm)...

ah, those *BSD\Windows(r) people... never willing to just admit that GNU/Linux has dominated servers and is on the way to "desktop" and to accept its power and love of the brotherh^Wcommunity

Originally posted by icek View Post
      Will these patches land in 2.6.34 rc2 ?
      i kinda second on that - is there a way to make use of those patches over then compiling specific branch from some git ?

this is burning question for me since i've decided to order R770 card as a replacement for my old (and sold) nvidia's 7800gtx.
      it will come after a week and i'm afraid to burn it to crisps since damn thing gives away up to 250 watts ! 0_o

Comment

Originally posted by dfx. View Post
        it will come after a week and i'm afraid to burn it to crisps since damn thing gives away up to 250 watts ! 0_o
        Don't worry - 250W is not GPU power consumption (in fact it's very hard to detect it). This is power consumption of the whole testing system for sure. It was using i7, so it bumped wattage "a bit"

To find out the power consumption of cards, look at TDPs, for example on Wikipedia.

Comment

oh... looks like i've read it inattentively but i thought its "135.5W TDP" will somehow double with a help of hot memory...

but it's still scary to use it knowing that it will run at full power all the time (and i never switch off this PC) and, from what i understand from here, there is still big difference with my old NV7800GTX

Comment

Any chance of getting patches for 2.6.33?

Comment

Working...
            X