ATI Radeon KMS Leaves Staging Area In 2.6.33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pipe13 View Post
    Hooookay. Will RD890GX/880G chipsets be Evergreen?
    Word is out that RD890 aka. 890GX aka. Dorado aka. Radeon 4290 is an 80SP DX10.1 part, which would fit with the RV710 (Radeon 4350) 3D specs.

According to leaked specs it supports 4 outputs (simultaneously?), so the "2D" part might be Evergreen based.

Comment

So assuming that power management makes it in .34 the major thing left seems to be G3D. Any word on what we might get that to a level like we currently have with the free "classic" mesa drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
        So assuming that power management makes it in .34 the major thing left seems to be G3D. Any word on what we might get that to a level like we currently have with the free "classic" mesa drivers?
        It sounds to me like r300g is very close. It would be nice if someone from Fedora could chime in with their thoughts on when they might provide an experimental package like they did with r600 support, because I don't think any of the other distros are going to use it first.

Comment

how it can go outside of staging area if fw needed for irq is still missing in kernel tree.

Comment

Originally posted by netkas View Post
            how it can go outside of staging area if fw needed for irq is still missing in kernel tree.
            I think it is already there!

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
              I think it is already there!
              It isn't with RC6 yet I think, dunno about git.

Comment

Nope, the firmware still isn't there.

You're looking for RV770_rlc.bin I think.
                Replace RV770 with whatever your GPU is.

Comment

Didn't R600 IRQ support land in some of earlier RCs?

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                    Didn't R600 IRQ support land in some of earlier RCs?
                    No, the two "new" firmware files that are required (R600_rlc.bin and R700_rlc.bin) are not included in the kernel so far. They are required to start the system though, so ATM the kernel will likely appear "broken" to several users until that firmware is officially shipped, too (or until users start using google or other search engines and find the solution: download the files from the net and activate the correct setup switches before building the kernel).

Comment

The kernel is not accepting any new firmware and existing firmware is slowly being moved out of the kernel. There is a Linux firmware tree where things will eventually end up, but for now you need to get it from:

Comment

Working...
                      X