Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Hi.

I would like to experiment with gallium for radeon. So, does anybody knows if there are available packages with gallium drivers for lucid?

Else (sorry for the newbie questions) I guess I have to build everything from GIT. What parameters should I pass to configure scripts so that everything is Ok? Also, in order to use gallium I have to edit my xorg.conf to load radeong?

Thank you.

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa
    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure --enable-gallium-radeon --with-state-trackers=dri,glx
    cd mesa/lib/gallium/
    ln -s radeong_dri.so r300_dri.so
    export LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=<PATH TO>/mesa/lib/gallium/

the applications you start from this console will use gallium now. check with glxinfo for GL2.1

AFAIK there are no packages yet.
    Last edited by madman2k; 01-28-2010, 05:35 AM.

Comment

So for r600 does this line change to:?
      Code:
      ln -s radeong_dri.so r600_dri.so

Comment

AFAIK, no work has started on the r600 gallium driver. It's only the r300g driver that's usable, and I believe it covers archs up to r500.

Comment

The git pull ***** command doesn't seem to work on Ubuntu Karmic. Any tips for a git non-expert?

Comment

Nevermind, I just used the git gui to pull it. Imagine having to drop into a gui to get something done

Comment

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
              The git pull ***** command doesn't seem to work on Ubuntu Karmic. Any tips for a git non-expert?
              That's because it's supposed to be git clone, not git pull.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                AFAIK, no work has started on the r600 gallium driver. It's only the r300g driver that's usable, and I believe it covers archs up to r500.
                So is radeong just common code between r300g and the forthcoming r600g?

Comment

It's probably winsys. AFAIK it works with r600, but only running softpipe.

Comment

glxinfo
                    name of display: :0.0
                    do_ioctls: Failed to get GB pipe count, error number -22
                    R500, Mesa 7.7

Somebody mentioned 7.7 r300 gallium should be usable. I guess not

Comment

If you want to try mesa-over-Gallium3D my recommendation would be git master, and very current git master at that. The 300g implementation is making great progress but I expect the developers would be horrified if anyone suggested it was ready for release...

That said, error -22 suggests a drm mismatch more than a userspace problem.

Comment

drm mismatch? So, 2.6.32.3 isn't new enough either. OK, I'll wait until a release.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Now, glxinfo reports:

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org R300 Project
                          OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.3 on RV515
                          OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.8-devel
                          OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

I am not able though to enable compositing in kwin.
                          Other simple things, seem to be ok!

Comment

I am not able though to enable compositing in kwin.
                            No? It's working for me here, and has been for a few weeks already.
                            It only works when you anable it _after_ logging in though.

But what's much more awesome: HoN finally started working! Well, kinda. :P
                            With Kernel 2.6.33-rc6 and the latest git master checkouts of mesa, libdrm and radeon it finally starts, and I even get to see the main menu and click on things etc. It's all pretty black though.

As you can see I'm currently updating to the newest HoN (haven't played in a while) so I can try out in-game as well. I don't have much hope though, it's probably gonna die horribly.

Comment

Arghhh stupid one-minute-edit-limit.
                              Well, as expected it crashed. But atleast it didn't take X with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X