Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R600 Open-Source Driver WIth GLSL, OpenGL 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by barbarbaron View Post
    AMD opensource stack has novell's neverendingstory radeonhd driver for a start and complete oblivion in radeon drivers after some improvements.
    radeonHD is atombios-free ---> AMD and Novel Drop the atombios-free radeonhd!
    the neverendingstory is a drop storry.... only "Radeon" is the future...
    all amd/novel people work on radeon. !
    there is no radeonHD anymore!


    AND!

    Oblivion do not run on wine 1.1.35
    because! its only run if you have orginal "microsoft M$ Dll's"
    wine1.1.35+newest-nvidia-card do not work!,...(microsoft dll's needed)

    but yes.... i know you only wana write bullsh.t

    Comment


    • Originally posted by barbarbaron View Post
      warzone2100 doesn't need OGL 2.0/GLSL. It runs like rabbit with my X1950XT too.
      yes? you are Genius!

      HON runs fast to.... and HON needs openGL2....

      Comment


      • You know

        http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

        ?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kano View Post
          i know ;-)

          Comment


          • Oblivion do not run on wine 1.1.35
            I prefer Baldur's Gate 2, coz it works with my hardware in wine and it still kicks ass.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
              radeonHD is atombios-free ---> AMD and Novel Drop the atombios-free radeonhd!
              the neverendingstory is a drop storry.... only "Radeon" is the future...
              all amd/novel people work on radeon. !
              there is no radeonHD anymore!
              Actually both drivers are alive and well, and Alex normally commits new GPU support to both drivers, at least in places where the code is common between the drivers (ie the acceleration code). Changes to work with KMS/GEM/TTM are only going into the radeon driver so far.

              Comment


              • Well well well... The crysis is over as I got a new 9800GT, installed it, injected the driver and wow! modern technology... I will give the X1950XT to my brother as a new year present as he still uses windows XP and won't have any problems with 9.3 drivers there. Thanks to everyone who participated in this skirmish and happy computing and new year.

                Comment


                • According to my experiences it is a wonder that TES Oblivion even works in windows.
                  I recall the times of Arena/Daggerfall/Battlespire and Morrowind and at that time I had problems to get them working or playing (bugs bugs bugs) even on the platforms they were meant for.
                  I mean, it is Bethesda. Betha-thesda. Beta-tesa. Beta-Tester! Yeah, right. You are a paying beta tester for their software. Or better alpha tester.

                  So I am really surprised that it might run here or there (probably cracked) in Wine. Wow. Well, but that is OT.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    not realy! my passiv Cooled HD4670 do not need power-management!

                    not realy! i never have any speed problems!
                    ...
                    <OT>
                    Sorry for off-topic here but is there a way to make HD4670 compatibile with PCI Express 1.0a? I don't need it to work at BIOS level (I've got AGP Radeon 9600 for BIOS and I wanted HD4670 on second "seat" (second Xserver) but this card is not even recognized by kernel on my PCI-E 1.0a motherboard (Asus P4V800D-X). Linux boots with both cards at once (I have proper display on Radeon 9600) but HD4670 is not beeing recognized (nothing in dmesg, lspci, lshw, etc. Now I'm still using Radeon 9600 AGP + Radeon X300 PCI-E at once in multiseat with open source radeon driver without problems).

                    Edit: I've got latest (althrough old) BIOS for my motherboard (0704) and other motherboards based on the same chipset (VIA PT880 Ultra) work with HD4670 on PCI-E with motherboard BIOS upgrade (like Asrock ones) but Asus haven't provided such upgrade for my motherboard.
                    </OT>
                    Last edited by xeros; 12-25-2009, 05:18 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by barbarbaron View Post
                      I prefer Baldur's Gate 2, coz it works with my hardware in wine and it still kicks ass.
                      o yes... Baldur's Gate 2 is impressiv! very good and works well in wine on linux

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                        Actually both drivers are alive and well, and Alex normally commits new GPU support to both drivers, at least in places where the code is common between the drivers (ie the acceleration code). Changes to work with KMS/GEM/TTM are only going into the radeon driver so far.

                        "Changes to work with KMS/GEM/TTM are only going into the radeon driver so far"

                        means...... radeonhd=death.-

                        Vesa is alive to!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by barbarbaron View Post
                          Well well well... The crysis is over as I got a new 9800GT, installed it, injected the driver and wow! modern technology... I will give the X1950XT to my brother as a new year present as he still uses windows XP and won't have any problems with 9.3 drivers there. Thanks to everyone who participated in this skirmish and happy computing and new year.
                          "injected the driver and wow! modern technology"

                          9800gt? fail..... a GTX2xx are much better for modern technology like OpenCL....

                          a hd5xxx also supports openGL4.x a nv9800gt only supports OGL3.x.

                          but yes vor 1 year your 9800gt is ok.

                          Comment


                          • 9800gt? fail.....
                            Hey I got it cheap bro doesn't that make any difference?
                            And guess what? I still play Baldur's Gate 2 maybe I should go buy some games for this new fella. I've a bad feeling that I'll lose my job in the end, maybe I should switch to OpenGL programming but after all those years of php+database toiling it seems hard to me.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by barbarbaron View Post
                              Hey I got it cheap bro doesn't that make any difference?
                              And guess what? I still play Baldur's Gate 2 maybe I should go buy some games for this new fella. I've a bad feeling that I'll lose my job in the end, maybe I should switch to OpenGL programming but after all those years of php+database toiling it seems hard to me.

                              "Hey I got it cheap bro doesn't that make any difference?"

                              Yes? cheap yes nice..... i do not believe in prices...
                              cheap in this Point only means outdatet..... but yes good enough for you and mybe better than "FGLRX" for you.

                              to believe in something makes a divergence really!

                              I believe in the power of Teamwork, in the Power of Open-minding and free speaking. (i will never ever sign a NDA thats stops my freedome of speak)
                              I believe in free and open standards and the peace of 'industrial competition'.
                              I believe in Free-Software FOSS (opensource) which brings peace to the world.


                              it makes a difference...... Buy intel,via,amd/ati do not buy nvidia!

                              nvidia is the pure Evil!


                              "I've a bad feeling that I'll lose my job in the end, maybe I should switch to OpenGL programming but after all those years of php+database toiling it seems hard to me."

                              if you believe in OpenGL you need the SPEC of your graficcard because you need to improve openGL because openGL is dieing again directX.....
                              program openGL appz and Gamz work only with nvidia-only-extensions hurt openGL!
                              nvidia hurt openGL because all programms codes on openGL+nvidia makes problems on other graficcards...

                              example:

                              X3 only nvidia works in full features.....
                              wine only nvidia[...]........
                              ID-Rage idtech5 plans only nvidia......

                              nvidia hurts the openGL market!

                              if you buy nvidia you hurt OpenGL.......

                              Comment


                              • Why is it Nvidia's fault when no other vendor has got a complete opengl stack or the needed extensions to support some wine features? Nobody holds ATI or somebody else back to implement the same extensions. I think you completely reverse the current driver state. What you suggest is to buy hardware that will work maybe in the future correctly, that's absolutely stupid from a practical point of view. Also it is very unlikely that the gfx market is changed even when all Linux gamers/hd movie watchers would buy Nvidia hardware as the market share is really low compared to Windows - this is unlikely to change soon. You do not support ATI by choosing such a product, you increase just your own disappointment over those drivers. It is just much more likely that you will more oven boot Windows than you would with Nv hardware just because of the missing features. Most oss ati driver fans boot Win to play games, is that better then?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X