Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pure awsomeness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    wow thats a rare post!
    many people here in the forum are either crying or complaining

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
      wow thats a rare post!
      many people here in the forum are either crying or complaining
      well the crying in this forum come from the fglrx forum, from ppl really tired of trying to get something to work there like me. but i think from now on things will be better in this forum and the other will be there only masoquist or as legacy reference i hope

      Comment


      • #13
        I second this post. Had the same experience with the oss drivers with my hd3650 last time I tried it. Unfortunately I had to switch to fglrx because of HoN. A game I had to buy to sponsor linux games.

        Maybe I'll give the oss drivers a shot again soon.
        Can I dev plz tell me howto hack mesa to report opengl 2.1? Maybe HoN would run on the oss drivers.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by tball View Post
          I second this post. Had the same experience with the oss drivers with my hd3650 last time I tried it. Unfortunately I had to switch to fglrx because of HoN. A game I had to buy to sponsor linux games.

          Maybe I'll give the oss drivers a shot again soon.
          Can I dev plz tell me howto hack mesa to report opengl 2.1? Maybe HoN would run on the oss drivers.
          only thing keeping me from using the oss drivers is powermanagement and beeing able to play hon.
          if both is possible i'll be happy to use the drivers!

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
            only thing keeping me from using the oss drivers is powermanagement and beeing able to play hon.
            if both is possible i'll be happy to use the drivers!
            what is "hon" ? And about Powermanagment maybe this is smt for you http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NzcyNw i know is experimental but better as nothing.

            Comment


            • #16
              There is power management with radeon right now. You have to enable it, but you got ClockGating, DynamicPM, and ForceLowPowerMode, all of which work (already tested them on a 200M and a HD4850).

              Comment


              • #17
                So now i have test WoW with the Current driver but with no Luck . i have massive graphic corruptions



                Direkt Link: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5862/wowq.png

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Nille View Post
                  what is "hon" ? And about Powermanagment maybe this is smt for you http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NzcyNw i know is experimental but better as nothing.
                  hon = heroes of newerth (shouldnt use acronyms )
                  i know of the new powermanagement patches, but since they are experimentul + dont clock the memory, or change the voltage and im generally to lazy to compile stuff on my own and fiddle with the kernel i will stick to fglrx for the time beeing.
                  lets see what the spring releases of the popular distros will bring.

                  Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                  There is power management with radeon right now. You have to enable it, but you got ClockGating, DynamicPM, and ForceLowPowerMode, all of which work (already tested them on a 200M and a HD4850).
                  yeah but i have to change the xorg.conf everytime i want to use something different and i dont want to restart the xserver everytime i want to play a game.
                  so i wait for nice on the fly powermanagement and some more advanced 3d
                  Last edited by Pfanne; 11-24-2009, 05:01 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    I thought I did that already...

                    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    my advise to you is: open wow from a terminal, log and stuff and then go to azaroth. after that copy the wine ouput to this forum and the wine forums, i think thats the easier way to see what going wrong
                    http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20349

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                      My OS is Kubuntu 9.10 + kernel 2.6.32-rc8 + xorg-crackers PPA + mesa 7.8 from git
                      I run Ubuntu 9.10 + the xorg-edgers lucid PPA which has mesa 7.8 and xserver 1.8. I can not recommend to mix lucid/karmic packages, but just to give you some bad ideas to try out

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X