No announcement yet.

Various graphic bugs with radeon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI support in Linux is AWFUL! You're screwed if you have ATI hardware. If you have a desktop though, at least you can get out of the predicament. But, if you have a laptop, you are royally screwed.

ATI can't even support the older cards so you have owners of GeForce 6200 cards, for e.g., having better support and better features (plus less problems) than newer ATI hardware (which can't work).

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
      ATI support in Linux is AWFUL! You're screwed if you have ATI hardware. If you have a desktop though, at least you can get out of the predicament. But, if you have a laptop, you are royally screwed.

ATI can't even support the older cards so you have owners of GeForce 6200 cards, for e.g., having better support and better features (plus less problems) than newer ATI hardware (which can't work).
      I understand that a troll might be fealing a bit excited after just getting out from under the bridge but could you please come to your sense in some other way than talking utter silliness on the section for opensource drivers which do support older hardware too.

Comment

I love trolls....

Comment

Originally posted by moritz View Post
          I love trolls....
          They're delicious.

Oh yeah... and I'm rather pleased with the open source support for my R500 based laptop. The closed source drivers always had visual artifacts and crashed on a regular basis.

Comment

So, stating a FACT makes me a troll, huh? Yeah, oooookay...

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
              So, stating a FACT makes me a troll, huh? Yeah, oooookay...
              No, stating bullshit as a fact makes you a troll. Open drivers for ATi cards are getting better all the time and have not abandoned a single chipset.
              Last edited by nanonyme; 10-08-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I'd have to assume nanonyme would be a subject matter expert on trolls due to his location. Perhaps someone from Sweden or Norway might be a better source as I hear there are more trolls living there... I don't have any empirical data to back this up though.

Comment

Working...
                X