Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r7xx DRI2 + 3D

Hi!

I'm using the experimental 3d driver (radeon 4850) and XRender for compositing in kde4.3. however, with compositing enabled I can't play (opengl) games in a window without getting terrible flickering. I guess I need DRI2 to get rid of this. so, how is it possible to get both (3d + dri2) working.

IIRC airlied just got 3D + DRI2 running a day or two ago. Not ready for general testing yet but I think he mentioned pushing something for initial testing in a week or so.
    Last edited by bridgman; 09-07-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

thanks bridgman !

I believe there will be enough (potential) testers when it gets into the repository

Comment

Is airlied equipped with r6xx/7xx cards, I thought he was mainly working on r<=500 ?!
        I didn't know dri2 was already "working" for r6xx and above.
        Well anyway that would be awesome for a .33 /.34 out of staging .

Comment

He should have a good selection. AFAIK the reason for doing <=5xx first was simply that all of the underlying code already existed for 2D, 3D and drm.

The hardware was probably better understood as well; we're still learning about 6xx/7xx as we go.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            He should have a good selection. AFAIK the reason for doing <=5xx first was simply that all of the underlying code already existed for 2D, 3D and drm.

The hardware was probably better understood as well; we're still learning about 6xx/7xx as we go.
            Afaik glisse was actively working on the r6xx/r7xx KMS and just passed the code a while ago to airlied so other people could try to take a look at the elusive bugs too. Dunno how they're spreading the development effort nowadays; still EXA issues to go.

Comment

Is airlied equipped with r6xx/7xx cards
              I've done some boot testing on my rs780, rv635, rv610 and rv730
              - http://airlied.livejournal.com/68097.html

Comment

i just compiled a kernel with drm-next, and it's working perfectly (besides some small corruption with kde opengl compositing), but why do I still get "direct rendering: No" with glxinfo. (radeon 4850)

Comment

Originally posted by dan.boff View Post
                  i just compiled a kernel with drm-next, and it's working perfectly (besides some small corruption with kde opengl compositing), but why do I still get "direct rendering: No" with glxinfo. (radeon 4850)
                  You need to build the r600 3D driver against libdrm_radeon.

Comment

hi!
                    thanks for you reply, but that's not the problem... I just ran glxinfo with LIBGL_DEBUG, and I shows
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/tls/r600_dri.so
                    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so
                    libGL error: dlopen /home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/home/daniel/test//usr/lib/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

which is obviously not the correct path to r600_dri.so (which should be /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so)

so, how do I change the path to the right directory?

edit: I just solved my problem: there was still script of fglrx in my profile.d from long ago, I didn't notice it for so long, because I never excepted DRI to work with the opensource driver at this time. now direct rendering is working, huhu!!
                    Last edited by dan.boff; 09-16-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I tried to install this oss driver today.
                      drm-next kernel, libdrm-git, mesa-git and radeon-git.

Whenever I try login to kde with compositing, My x just restart and I'm at the login again.

I get thiese errors in my kdm.log:
                      drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream

If I login without compositing, I get xv and exa support and glxgears is running. I also get the right r600 3d acceleration string, with mesa 7.7 devel within glxinfo.

What do I do wrong?

EDIT:

I cannot run glxgears. It gives me the same error:
                      $ glxgears
                      drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream. See dmesg for more info.
                      Last edited by tball; 10-03-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Here are some additional information, I retrieve when logged in without composite:
                        Code:
                        $ glxinfo
                        name of display: :0.0          
                        display: :0  screen: 0         
                        direct rendering: Yes          
                        server glx vendor string: SGI  
                        server glx version string: 1.2 
                        server glx extensions:         
                            GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, 
                            GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,     
                            GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control,     
                            GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group     
                        client glx vendor string: SGI                                                 
                        client glx version string: 1.4                                                
                        client glx extensions:                                                        
                            GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,    
                            GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_allocate_memory,     
                            GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_swap_control,                          
                            GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,     
                            GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,      
                            GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,                
                            GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap                 
                        GLX version: 1.2                                                              
                        GLX extensions:                                                               
                            GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_import_context,    
                            GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,     
                            GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_MESA_swap_frame_usage, GLX_OML_swap_method,    
                            GLX_SGI_make_current_read, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync,      
                            GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group     
                        OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.                            
                        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RV635 9591) 20090101  TCL              
                        OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.7-devel                                     
                        OpenGL extensions:                                                            
                            GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_fragment_program,       
                            GL_ARB_imaging, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_multitexture,                  
                            GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_shadow,          
                            GL_ARB_shadow_ambient, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp,                       
                            GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map,                      
                            GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine,                       
                            GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,                     
                            GL_MESAX_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat,                   
                            GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix,                        
                            GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_window_pos,    
                            GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,                             
                            GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,               
                            GL_EXT_blend_logic_op, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract,        
                            GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_convolution, GL_EXT_copy_texture,    
                            GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord,                             
                            GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_histogram, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, 
                            GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_pixels,                         
                            GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex,   
                            GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,                             
                            GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs,                       
                            GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_subtexture,           
                            GL_EXT_texture, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp,               
                            GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine,                        
                            GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic,                
                            GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp,                      
                            GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB,      
                            GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels,                               
                            GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3,               
                            GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_ATI_separate_stencil,                       
                            GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip,                       
                            GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_INGR_blend_func_separate,               
                            GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture, GL_MESA_window_pos,            
                            GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_texture_rectangle,     
                            GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_OES_read_format,         
                            GL_SGI_color_matrix, GL_SGI_color_table, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,          
                            GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,                  
                            GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays                              

8 GLX Visuals
                           visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
                         id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        0x21 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x22 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x66 24 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x67 24 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x68 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x69 24 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x6a 24 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x5d 32 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 Ncon

8 GLXFBConfigs:
                           visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
                         id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                        0x5e  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x5f  0 tc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x60  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x61  0 tc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x62  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x63  0 dc  0 32  0 r  .  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        0x64  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
                        0x65  0 dc  0 32  0 r  y  .  8  8  8  8  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
                        This is what I have installed, on my Arch 64 bit:
                        Code:
                        ati-dri-git 20091003-1 (those are the radeon dri bits from mesa. They are not installed with mesa-git)
                        dri2proto-git 20091002-1
                        glproto-git 20091002-1 (xorg)
                        kernel26-drm-next 20091003-1
                        libdrm-git 20091002-1 (xorg)
                        libgl-git 20091002-1
                        mesa-git 20091002-1
                        xf86-video-ati-git 20091002-1
                        Last edited by tball; 10-03-2009, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I get thiese errors in my kdm.log:
                          drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22. Kernel failed to parse or rejected command stream
                          This usually means that your in-kernel drm and libdrm do not match.

Are you sure you're booting the right kernel and loading the right kernel drm module?

Comment

I am sure it is booting the right kernel,but how can I see if it is booting the right kernel drm module?

Comment

What does dmesg say after 3D apps fail? Perhaps there is a hint there.

Comment

Working...
                              X