No announcement yet.

r6xx 3D games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just piping in that I got everything compiled & installed with a 4850 and got xbmc running. Video suffers from corruption everywhere and the Project M vis seems to be running in software (extremely slow), but the main functionality is there

Comment

• Between today's mesa update and yesterday's, openarena has become terribly corrupted. I can't even read the opening menu.
      Neverball seems to work fine though.

Comment

• Looks like there are some issues with the draw_prims code Richard has been adding over the last couple of days.

In the short term if you run openarena using indirect rendering (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 openarena) it works fine on my system; seems like running indirect prevents the draw_prims API call from being used..
        Last edited by bridgman; 09-23-2009, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• you can also comment out line 1133 of r700_render.c to disable the new draw_prims code:

Code:
          --- a/src/mesa/drivers/dri/r600/r700_render.c
          +++ b/src/mesa/drivers/dri/r600/r700_render.c
          @@ -1130,7 +1130,7 @@ static void r700DrawPrims(GLcontext *ctx,
               context_t *context = R700_CONTEXT(ctx);

/* For non indexed drawing, using tnl pipe. */
          -    if(!ib)
          +    //if(!ib)
               {
                   context->ind_buf.bo = NULL;

Comment

• Hi, I haven't tried the gits in a bit but tried them today while also loading urbanterror on 64 bit slackware. The radeon driver worked fairly well with integrated hd3200. Good job devs.

Comment

• Latest mesa also led to really bad corruption and a Xorg lockup in Quake Live for me. Haven't tried turning off direct rendering yet.

Comment

• X lockup with direct rendering sounds Bad (tm). Wonder if we already have the GPU reset code to recover from GPU lockups.

Comment

• the driver is borked in last builds, glxgears with direct rendering - app freeze, with inderect (via aiglx) - system lockup

Comment

• Hi,

maybe the wrong place but after searching a long time I can't find a HowTo for this driver to install.

Is there any HowTo on the web? Google can't find anything.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by blabub View Post
                      Hi,

maybe the wrong place but after searching a long time I can't find a HowTo for this driver to install.

Is there any HowTo on the web? Google can't find anything.

Thanks
                      http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonBuildHowTo

Comment

• Originally posted by netkas View Post
                        the driver is borked in last builds, glxgears with direct rendering - app freeze, with inderect (via aiglx) - system lockup
                        Ah, that sounds more normal. As far as I've understood, you're really only supposed to be getting app hangs in direct unless GPU itself hangs whereas with indirect the whole X server can crumble down under you.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                          Ah, that sounds more normal. As far as I've understood, you're really only supposed to be getting app hangs in direct unless GPU itself hangs whereas with indirect the whole X server can crumble down under you.
                          If the GPU hangs, you generally lose X too since it uses the 3d engine as well regardless of whether it's direct or indirect. Direct contexts just prevent something like a segfault or an assert in the 3D driver from taking the server out.

Comment

• Originally posted by netkas View Post
                            the driver is borked in last builds, glxgears with direct rendering - app freeze, with inderect (via aiglx) - system lockup
                            If you are using kms make sure you grab the latest bits from drm-next.

Comment

• Is there an uptodate howto, where I can se the different branches needed for kms/3d/2d/xv?

I have builded with 3d support one time before, but it was very unstable then. Now its time to try again. And this time with kms

But can someone post a short howto with branches and in which order I have to install the stack? thx. When everything is moving so fast, its hard to keep up :-)

Those saying nvidia driver development is moving faster, is lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                                Those saying nvidia driver development is moving faster, is lying.
                                Well, nVidia's proprietary drivers have had so big a headstart that it'll still take a long time to catch up even assuming open ATi drivers actually progress a lot faster than them.

Comment

Working...
                                X