Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjjj View Post
    hw:
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobilitiy Radeon HD 3650

glxinfo:
    OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R600 (RV635 9591) 20090101 TCL
    OpenGL version string: 1.4 Mesa 7.6-devel

~$ uname -a
    Linux gandalf 2.6.31-5-generic #24-Ubuntu SMP Sat Aug 1 12:47:58 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    ~$ glxgears
    IRQ's not enabled, falling back to busy waits: 2 16
    167 frames in 5.0 seconds = 33.252 FPS
    239 frames in 5.0 seconds = 47.662 FPS

So the r6xx-r7xx-3d compiles, installs and runs in 2.6.31. Both compiz and glxgears run, both slowly, but running anyways.

Google earth also works, slowly and has a lot of artifacts, but works
    Cool!

What happens if you play a movie with xv and then with "mplayer -vo gl2" ?

Comment

Anyone know why I get this?
      Code:
      (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
      (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
      I have installed mesa-git, xf86-video-ati-git and drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d from aur Arch.

I don't mind doing the installation by hand, but I like my system to stay clean.

This is what I have in my /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/
      Code:
      ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/
      libdricore.so  r200_dri.so  r300_dri.so  radeon_dri.so  swrast_dri.so
      EDIT:

I found out i had to install ati-dri-r6xx-r7xx also.
      Last edited by tball; 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
        Anyone know why I get this?
        Code:
        (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
        (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
        I have installed mesa-git, xf86-video-ati-git and drm-radeon-module-git-r6xx-r7xx-3d from aur Arch.

I don't mind doing the installation by hand, but I like my system to stay clean.

This is what I have in my /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/
        Code:
        ls /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri/
        libdricore.so  r200_dri.so  r300_dri.so  radeon_dri.so  swrast_dri.so

EDIT:

I found out i had to install ati-dri-r6xx-r7xx also.
        So please give a feedback, does it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
          I haven't tried it, but you would probably get a normal movie followed by a very slow movie

Agd5f is working on accelerating the copy from back-buffer to front-buffer; probably best to try after that is done.
          Last edited by bridgman; 08-04-2009, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
            So please give a feedback, does it work.
            No it doesn't :-( I mean it doesn give any error messages in Xorg.0.log, and it loads r600_dri.so just fine. Its just that kde won't start up.
            It shows the splash, and then it go back to kdm startscreen again.

I have tried disabling kwin composite completely, and tried both the radeon and radeonhd driver. It just won't startup kde.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I haven't tried it, but you would probably get a normal movie followed by a very slow movie

Agd5f is working on accelerating the copy from back-buffer to front-buffer; probably best to try after that is done.
              Where's this buffer copy code located, in DRM, Mesa or X driver? Just to known which git to watch

Comment

You can try it yourself if you use Arch and yaourt. Just do this, and it should install all the dependecies like mesa-git and the drm.

Code:
                sudo pacman -Rd mesa glproto dri2proto
                yaourt -S ati-dri-r6xx-r7xx 
                yaourt -Sd xf86-video-radeonhd-git
                Last edited by tball; 08-04-2009, 09:25 AM.

Comment

So motion blur is already implemented?

MPlayer have a lot of video outputs.
                  Code:
                  $ mplayer -vo help
                  MPlayer SVN-r28461-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
                  CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (Family: 16, Model: 6, Stepping: 2)
                  Available video output drivers:
                  	xv	X11/Xv
                  	x11	X11 ( XImage/Shm )
                  	xover	General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
                  	gl	X11 (OpenGL)
                  	gl2	X11 (OpenGL) - multiple textures version
                  	dga	DGA ( Direct Graphic Access V2.0 )
                  	sdl	SDL YUV/RGB/BGR renderer (SDL v1.1.7+ only!)
                  	fbdev	Framebuffer Device
                  	fbdev2	Framebuffer Device
                  	aa	AAlib
                  	caca	libcaca
                  	dxr3	DXR3/H+ video out
                  	v4l2	V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
                  	xvidix	X11 (VIDIX)
                  	cvidix	console VIDIX
                  	null	Null video output
                  	xvmc	XVideo Motion Compensation
                  	mpegpes	MPEG-PES to DVB card
                  	yuv4mpeg	yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
                  	png	PNG file
                  	jpeg	JPEG file
                  	gif89a	animated GIF output
                  	tga	Targa output
                  	pnm	PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
                  	md5sum	md5sum of each frame
                  Which would probably give the best performance when copy have been accelerated?

Comment

Originally posted by jjjj View Post
                    Where's this buffer copy code located, in DRM, Mesa or X driver? Just to known which git to watch
                    It is probably this one.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm/?h=r6xx-r7xx-3d

I atleast have it in a tab and re-fresh it once in a while

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                      No it doesn't :-( I mean it doesn give any error messages in Xorg.0.log, and it loads r600_dri.so just fine. Its just that kde won't start up.
                      It shows the splash, and then it go back to kdm startscreen again.

I have tried disabling kwin composite completely, and tried both the radeon and radeonhd driver. It just won't startup kde.
                      Acutally I get error messages. I just looked them up in kdm.log. Any idea whats going wrong?

http://pastebin.com/m590b8914

Every single login, it tries starting up the xserver 3 times it seems?

Comment

Amiga R5xx+ driver!

I forgot to say in my previous post what great news this is - it represents the light at the end of a multi-year tunnel filled with closed source GPU driver darkness, bugginess and things that crash in the night. Keep up the fantastic work ATI devs!

If you think that we've had a long wait for some decent FOSS ATI-HD drivers then you may want to consider the plight of the ever-optimistic Amiga community where (I think) just one extremely brave (is that the word I want?) coder is attempting to put together an R5xx+ driver for AmigaOS 4.x!!

Good luck with that one!

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48603

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
                          Cool!

Slow movie And a message; **** Your system is too SLOW to play this! ***
                          Audio is perfect.

Code:
                          $ mplayer  -vo gl2 download.ts 
                          MPlayer UNKNOWN-4.4.0 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
                          mplayer: could not connect to socket
                          mplayer: No such file or directory
                          Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing download.ts.
                          TS file format detected.
                          VIDEO MPEG2(pid=513) AUDIO MPA(pid=660) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 33
                          VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x576  (aspect 3)  25.000 fps  8400.0 kbps (1050.0 kbyte/s)
                          ==========================================================================
                          Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
                          VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
                          Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                          Opening video filter: [scale]
                          The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
                          Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
                          e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
                          VDecoder init failed :(
                          Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                          Unsupported PixelFormat -1
                          Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
                          Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
                          AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 224.0 kbit/14.58% (ratio: 28000->192000)
                          Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
                          AO: [oss] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
                          Starting playback...
                          VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
                          Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
                          Opening video filter: [scale]
                          VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
                          Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
                          [swscaler @ 0x7fb6cbe98680]using unscaled yuv420p -> bgr24 special converter
                          VO: [gl2] 720x576 => 1024x576 BGR 24-bit 
                          [gl2] You have OpenGL >= 1.2 capable drivers, GOOD (16bpp and BGR is ok!)
                          [gl2] antialiasing off
                          [gl2] bilinear linear
                          New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong./  3 ??% ??% ??,?% 2 0 
                          Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
                          subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
                          New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
                          Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
                          subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
                          A:42917.0 V:42909.6 A-V:  7.396 ct: -0.200  51/ 51 24% 474%  3.6% 50 0 

************************************************
                                     **** Your system is too SLOW to play this!  ****
                                     ************************************************

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
                          - Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
                            - Try -ao sdl or use the OSS emulation of ALSA.
                            - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30 is a good start.
                          - Slow video output
                            - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list) or try -framedrop!
                          - Slow CPU
                            - Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU! Try some of the lavdopts,
                              e.g. -vfm ffmpeg -lavdopts lowres=1:fast:skiploopfilter=all.
                          - Broken file
                            - Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx -mc 0.
                          - Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
                            - Try -cache 8192.
                          - Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI file?
                            - Try -nocache.
                          Read DOCS/HTML/en/video.html for tuning/speedup tips.
                          If none of this helps you, read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html.

A:42976.0 V:42921.4 A-V: 54.691 ct: -0.468 345/345  8% 489%  3.3% 344 0 

MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: decode_audio
                          A:42976.2 V:42921.4 A-V: 54.852 ct: -0.468 346/346  8% 489%  3.3% 345 0 
                          Exiting... (Quit)
                          Last edited by jjjj; 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I'm using the ebuilds from the x11 overlay (modified to grab agd5f's versions and the correct branches) and everything seems to work ok: 43 fps in glxgears and 2 fps in mplayer -vo gl (fullscreen) :P

I just get this:
                            Code:
                            $ glxgears 
                            213 frames in 5.0 seconds = 42.487 FPS
                            when running glxgears but I've seen other people with the same message, so I assume it's normal. There is also some random flickering/noise in the glxgears window.

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
                              I'm using the ebuilds from the x11 overlay (modified to grab agd5f's versions and the correct branches) and everything seems to work ok: 43 fps in glxgears and 2 fps in mplayer -vo gl (fullscreen) :P

I just get this:
                              Code:
                              $ glxgears 
                              213 frames in 5.0 seconds = 42.487 FPS
                              when running glxgears but I've seen other people with the same message, so I assume it's normal. There is also some random flickering/noise in the glxgears window.
                              Could you post that ebuild? I know a little bit about writing ebuilds, but I'd probably mess it up.

I know I could change the Git uri, but where did you put the branch change? src_configure()? Can't remember the function's name off the top of my head right now.

Also, which ebuild is it? libdrm?

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                                Could you post that ebuild? I know a little bit about writing ebuilds, but I'd probably mess it up.

I know I could change the Git uri, but where did you put the branch change? src_configure()? Can't remember the function's name off the top of my head right now.

Also, which ebuild is it? libdrm?
                                You have to modify x11-drm (the in-kernel version doesn't work) and libdrm. In both cases you have to add
                                Code:
                                EGIT_BRANCH="r6xx-r7xx-3d"
                                BEFORE the inherit line (actually I don't know if this is true, but I had some ebuilds fail to use the correct branch some time ago when I put it after the inherit line). Also you need to change the EGIT_REPO_URI in both ebuilds to
                                Code:
                                EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm"
                                For mesa and xf86-video-ati you can use the 9999 versions in the x11 overlay untouched, I suppose. I just modified the mesa ebuild to build only the r600 part (instead of r200, r300, etc).

This is the diff for the three ebuilds:
                                Code:
                                diff -ru layman/x11/media-libs/mesa/mesa-9999.ebuild overlay/media-libs/mesa/mesa-9999.ebuild
                                --- layman/x11/media-libs/mesa/mesa-9999.ebuild	2009-08-04 21:34:00.287907108 +0200
                                +++ overlay/media-libs/mesa/mesa-9999.ebuild	2009-08-04 19:19:22.047374703 +0200
                                @@ -127,8 +127,8 @@
                                 	driver_enable video_cards_mga mga
                                 	driver_enable video_cards_r128 r128
                                 	# ATI has two implementations as video_cards
                                -	driver_enable video_cards_radeon radeon r200 r300 r600
                                -	driver_enable video_cards_radeonhd r300 r600
                                +	driver_enable video_cards_radeon r600
                                +	driver_enable video_cards_radeonhd r600
                                 	driver_enable video_cards_s3virge s3v
                                 	driver_enable video_cards_savage savage
                                 	driver_enable video_cards_sis sis
                                diff -ru layman/x11/x11-base/x11-drm/x11-drm-99999999.ebuild overlay/x11-base/x11-drm/x11-drm-99999999.ebuild
                                --- layman/x11/x11-base/x11-drm/x11-drm-99999999.ebuild	2009-08-04 21:34:00.300961547 +0200
                                +++ overlay/x11-base/x11-drm/x11-drm-99999999.ebuild	2009-08-04 19:41:11.532221627 +0200
                                @@ -1,10 +1,11 @@
                                 # Copyright 1999-2009 Gentoo Foundation
                                 # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
                                 # $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/x11-base/x11-drm/x11-drm-20070314.ebuild,v 1.2 2007/03/14 18:18:53 battousai Exp $
                                +EGIT_BRANCH="r6xx-r7xx-3d"

EAPI="2"

-EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm"
                                +EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm"
                                 EGIT_PROJECT="libdrm"

[[ ${PV} = 9999* ]] && GIT_ECLASS="git"
                                diff -ru layman/x11/x11-libs/libdrm/libdrm-9999.ebuild overlay/x11-libs/libdrm/libdrm-9999.ebuild
                                --- layman/x11/x11-libs/libdrm/libdrm-9999.ebuild	2009-08-04 21:34:00.327906972 +0200
                                +++ overlay/x11-libs/libdrm/libdrm-9999.ebuild	2009-08-04 19:15:18.903550228 +0200
                                @@ -4,10 +4,11 @@

# Must be before x-modular eclass is inherited
                                 #SNAPSHOT="yes"
                                +EGIT_BRANCH="r6xx-r7xx-3d"

inherit autotools x-modular

-EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm"
                                +EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/drm"

DESCRIPTION="X.Org libdrm library"
                                 HOMEPAGE="http://dri.freedesktop.org/"
                                @@ -20,7 +21,7 @@
                                 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}"
                                 RESTRICT="test" # see bug #236845

-CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--enable-udev --enable-nouveau-experimental-api --enable-radeon-experimental-api"
                                +#CONFIGURE_OPTIONS="--enable-udev --enable-radeon-experimental-api"

pkg_postinst() {
                                 	x-modular_pkg_postinst
                                HTH

Comment

Working...
                                X