Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Open Source 3D graphics on R6XX/R7XX cards (NO FGLRX)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmartinez View Post
    Hello, my computer (ASUS M51Ta) has two graphic cards:
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS780M/RS780MN [Radeon HD 3200 Graphics]
    02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 3650
    And it is not possible to disable none of them from bios... I'm having troubles in installing drivers that will bring 3D acceleration, I tried almost everything I could (last fglrx with Ubuntu 9.10, radeonhd 1.3.0). Do you think that your guide will work with my hybrid configuration? Thanks!
    I don't see anything special in my guide that might fix it. Before you start compiling everything, run this command in the terminal and paste ALL output using the # / CODE button in this thread so I can look it over.

LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo &> glxinfo.txt
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log &> xorg.log
    dmesg &> dmesg.txt

Open up those files and paste all output here after doing those exact commands (no typoes) Thanks.

Comment

There was a fix added to the -ati driver recently which might help with hybrid graphcs, so if the instructions involve pulling xf86-video-ati from git master they're probably worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo_The_User View Post
        I don't see anything special in my guide that might fix it. Before you start compiling everything, run this command in the terminal and paste ALL output using the # / CODE button in this thread so I can look it over.

LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo &> glxinfo.txt
        cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log &> xorg.log
        dmesg &> dmesg.txt

Open up those files and paste all output here after doing those exact commands (no typoes) Thanks.
        OK, here are the output files:

glxinfo.txt
        ======
        Code:
        X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
          Major opcode of failed request:  135 (GLX)
          Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
          Serial number of failed request:  16
          Current serial number in output stream:  16
        name of display: :0.0

Comment

The xorg.log and dmesg.txt are to long to put them in a reply... It is possible to attach them in any way?

Comment

Use a service like pastebin then paste a link to the pastebin page.

Comment

Here are all the files:

http://drop.io/cx8igr3

Let me know if you need something else. I have no problem in reinstalling all the system or trying anything. I just need 3D acceleration in linux for my work! Thanks a lot!! (of course I could keep going with win7... but I thinks its time to make the leap)

Comment

PLEASE NOTE: BE SURE TO CHANGE THE LIBDIR ACCORDINGLY!

Problems with xorg log:

(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
                [dri] Disabling DRI.
                (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.
                (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
                (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev

compile libdrm_radeon

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm && cd drm && make distclean && ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64/or/usr/lib --enable-radeon-experimental-api && sudo make install

now compile ati DDX

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati && cd *ati && make distclean && ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64/or/usr/lib && make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig

try that.

Comment

PLEASE NOTE: BE SURE TO CHANGE THE LIBDIR ACCORDINGLY!

Problems with xorg log:

(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIGetVersion failed to open the DRM
                  [dri] Disabling DRI.
                  (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.
                  (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
                  (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev

compile libdrm_radeon

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/drm && cd drm && make distclean && ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64/or/usr/lib --enable-radeon-experimental-api && sudo make install

now compile ati DDX

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati && cd *ati && make distclean && ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64/or/usr/lib && make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig

try that.
                  Hi, I had a problem while compiling libdrm_radeon:

Code:
                  make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.

Comment

Originally posted by rmartinez View Post
                    Hi, I had a problem while compiling libdrm_radeon:

Code:
                    make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.
                    dont do the make distcleans then. same for -ati DDX. i thought you already had it cloned. sorry

Comment

dont do the make distcleans then. same for -ati DDX. i thought you already had it cloned. sorry
                      Hi Neo_The_User, I had this output error:

Code:
                      ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64/or/usr/lib --enable-radeon-experimental-api && sudo make install
                      Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 190.
                      Use of uninitialized value $libtoolize in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 190.
                      autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
                      autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
                      autoreconf: running: aclocal 
                      autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
                      autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
                      autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
                      configure.ac:29: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
                            If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
                            See the Autoconf documentation.
                      configure.ac:30: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
                      autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

Comment

@Neo_The_User
                        There is what looks like an updated procedure on the X.Org wiki to get the drm-next source in one go:
                        Code:
                        git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git
                        cd drm-2.6
                        git checkout -b drm-next origin/drm-next
                        I am trying this now - do I still need to change "drm-next" in the last line to "drm-linus"? I tried the procedure in your earlier post, but still got (different) merge conflicts.

@martinez
                        I think you probably need a package like xorg-x11-util-macros - see here (http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhd#head...d71ee38109b876), para 11.2

Comment

i think hes missing a tool called libtool

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool

cheers mates!

edit: post the conflicts for the drm-linus tree and ill fix it.

Comment

i think hes missing a tool called libtool

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libtool

cheers mates!

edit: post the conflicts for the drm-linus tree and ill fix it.
                            You were right, I needed "libtools", and also needed "pthread-stubs" & "xutils-dev".
                            So, for the "libdrm_radeon" compilation all went OK, but for the "ati DDX" compilation, I get this message while trying "sudo make install" inside the "xf86-video-ati" folder:
                            Code:
                            make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
                            Any ideas? Do you need any output from the compilation?

Comment

Has autogen.sh no problems found? And don't Copy&Paste Commands!!!!

and on Ubuntu you can Compile and install the ddx from git with

Code:
                              git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati
                              cd xf86-video-ati
                              ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
                              make
                              sudo make install
                              Last edited by Nille; 10-20-2009, 07:11 AM.

Comment

autogen.sh is giving the following error:

Code:
                                ./configure: line 11526: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
                                ./configure: line 11526: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'
                                I tried installing every package it had something to do with xinerama... But it didn't work. I know I'm missing something... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X