Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get XV, DRI working on HD 3300 (rv620) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      For those having trouble getting the latest drm to work, make sure you're configuring/autogen.sh with --prefix=/usr

I found this guide helpful for building drm, though it's a bit outdated: http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonhdRI
      Do I need to do that if I merely need the kernel module living inside the linux-core sub-dir? Up to now compiling the module went fine if I did a make inside the linux-core sub-dir.

Comment

Originally posted by schwarzygesetzlos View Post
        With newest git-source I get following error when stopping the X-Server, e.g. rebooting the machine:
        Code:
        [drm] wait idle failed status: 0xA0003030 0x00000003
        Which gets repeated very often during the whole shutdown-process.
        Erm, dunno if the recent git-entry "r6xx/r7xx: re-init vm regs on resume, should fix resume" does have something to do with this error but it still persists. Killing X is no longer possible and after trying to do that VT output is veeery sloowly, e.g. a dmesg tages ages. The whole system seems to slow down afterwards...

Comment

The bug is in radeonhd, not the drm; something in the tear down path. radeon works fine. I'll sort out radeonhd later tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            The bug is in radeonhd, not the drm; something in the tear down path. radeon works fine. I'll sort out radeonhd later tonight or tomorrow.
            Mmkay. Thanks for the info & the fast reply!

Comment

I fixed it last night:
              62f401aae135c0fd4fdc9536c11f5563080714c7

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                I fixed it last night:
                62f401aae135c0fd4fdc9536c11f5563080714c7
                Yep, can confirm it's working! Thanks again maen!

Comment

Originally posted by schwarzygesetzlos View Post
                  Yep, can confirm it's working! Thanks again maen!
                  Yes! A big word of thanks from me too! My GA-MA78GM-S2H Radeon HD3200 is now giving me tear-free video in MythTV. It also seems to have fixed up a sound problem I'd been having when using the Catalyst drivers (is that possible?).

Anyway, interestingly, when I built the radeon driver, I couldn't get DRM to load. But switching to the radeonhd driver worked straight up. Don't know why the difference, but I'm happy it's working.

Are there any useful performance tests I could do or log/config files I could post here that might be useful for others with the same motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by doddles View Post
                    Yes! A big word of thanks from me too! My GA-MA78GM-S2H Radeon HD3200 is now giving me tear-free video in MythTV. It also seems to have fixed up a sound problem I'd been having when using the Catalyst drivers (is that possible?).

Anyway, interestingly, when I built the radeon driver, I couldn't get DRM to load. But switching to the radeonhd driver worked straight up. Don't know why the difference, but I'm happy it's working.

Are there any useful performance tests I could do or log/config files I could post here that might be useful for others with the same motherboard?
                    Hi there,

I'm trying to install RadeonHD for my GA-MA78GM-S2H video chipset (Radeon HD3200) - so basically the same hardware as you - on Ubuntu 8.10:

1) I followed the wiki page:

(everything seems to be ok)

2) Driver is now installed (no screen corruption, better screen support than ATI's proprietary driver) but everything is very slow (e.g. windows are refreshing slowly when moved) - options "AccelMethod" "XAA" and "DRI" "on" are present in xorg.conf - xvinfo returns "no adaptors present"

So my question is: what did you do to make it work?

Thanks a lot,
                    Pierre

Comment

Edit to my previous post:

I also found this in Xorg.0.log:
                      (WW) RADEONHD(0): DRI support has been disabled at compile time

I'm really not an expert but I guess it's related although I followed very closely the install wiki...

Comment

Working...
                      X