Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 177.80 Display Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Usually they work even with not mentioned hardware.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Usually they work even with not mentioned hardware.
      That's good to know...but another update could then make that support official for such cards. Doesn't hurt to try out the driver on a card such as the 9800GX2 as a poster above mentioned.

      Comment


      • #13
        Hi,

        This driver fixed KDE4 2D performance on KDE4 but introduced a new issue.
        I can't play any flash video in fullscreen.
        I'm using debian 64bits + 32bits firefox from mozilla.com + 32bits flash10 beta flayer.

        Videos works fine in windowed mode but when I switch to fullscreen firefox freeze.

        Anyone have the same issue ?

        Comment


        • #14
          Works fine with flash 9

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by eL_vErDe View Post
            Hi,

            This driver fixed KDE4 2D performance on KDE4 but introduced a new issue.
            I can't play any flash video in fullscreen.
            I'm using debian 64bits + 32bits firefox from mozilla.com + 32bits flash10 beta flayer.

            Videos works fine in windowed mode but when I switch to fullscreen firefox freeze.

            Anyone have the same issue ?
            Check if you can get a newer version of nspluginwrapper as older versions (ie not latest snapshots) dont work well with flash 10

            Comment


            • #16
              I use a real 32bits browser.

              Anyway, flash9 works but it's damn slow.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                That's good to know...but another update could then make that support official for such cards. Doesn't hurt to try out the driver on a card such as the 9800GX2 as a poster above mentioned.
                The 9800GX2 is listed in the supported card list. It's the very fist listing in fact.

                Supported Products List


                GeForce Products:
                GeForce 9800 GX2
                0x0604
                http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by eL_vErDe View Post
                  I use a real 32bits browser.

                  Anyway, flash9 works but it's damn slow.
                  oops, my bad (note to self: read the words next time). Maybe you should consider using a 64bit firefox with nspluginwrapper and flash 10. It works quite well and even manages to mostly keep up to dvd res videos.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    KDE4 is still slow for me... Scrolling playlist in Amarok 2 is painfully slow. Some 3D apps seems to be slower with present driver than with 169.xx. Only option for me is to change to AMD/Ati.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Buy ATI if you have now too few problems *hahaha*

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X