Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    ext73

​Ubuntu has nvidia-prime support directly, why dont you use the packaged versions? Bumblebee is crap, slow as hell.
    bumblebee is crap? nvidia-prime with horrible tearing is not a solution, with bumblebee i don't have any tearing.

Comment

Its correct, until the PRIME patches from Nvidia are integrated you have got tearing. But tell me please which game runs faster with bumblebee than without. Preferred with benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Its correct, until the PRIME patches from Nvidia are integrated you have got tearing. But tell me please which game runs faster with bumblebee than without. Preferred with benchmarks.

who cares about if it's fast or not? if is impossible to gaming with the tearing and lack of vsync, ugly ugly tearing and even when we have a 100 fps against 60 from bumblebee the game looks much better with only 60 or 50

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Dude, bumblebee is segfaulting for you. You'd rather use a faster, non-working solution over a slower, possibly working one?
          Plus, I don't see the point in prime. You can just use the nvidia card, it's not like there's a world of difference in power consumption.

No you can't.

In order do shave off 2$-3$ of manufacturing costs, the vast majority of notebooks do not have the hardware capability to switch in bios from igp to dgpu.
          They are 'hardwired' for optimus and there's nothing you can do about it, except use bumblebee which is an experimental pile of crap.

The vast majority of people use 'gaming' notebooks not desktops and they can't 'switch' to the dgpu.

Comment

In my case KOTOR II stay works without problem

And wine stay working normally too

System Specs used in tests

Nvidia Drivers 361.28 (.run package)

Linux Mint 17.2 Raffaela XFCE Edition 64Bit - Kernel 4.2.0-25 generic (ubuntu mainline) - P-State: Performance

CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

MEMORY: 8GB DDR3 1333 (2x4) Patriot value (dual channel: 21.3 gb/s)

GPU: Zotac Nvidia Geforce GT630 (GK208 28nm: 384 Shaders / 8 ROPS) Zone Edition Passive Cooling 2GB DDR3 1800Mhz 64Bit (14.4Gb/s)

MAINBOARD: MSI H81M E33

Comment

Originally posted by Agross View Post

No you can't.

In order do shave off 2$-3$ of manufacturing costs, the vast majority of notebooks do not have the hardware capability to switch in bios from igp to dgpu.
              They are 'hardwired' for optimus and there's nothing you can do about it, except use bumblebee which is an experimental pile of crap.

The vast majority of people use 'gaming' notebooks not desktops and they can't 'switch' to the dgpu.
              Yeah, that sucks. My guess this is done because of the $2-3, but to cut down on support costs. The BIOS is one of the primary reasons I hate laptops.
              But what I meant is set the Nvidia driver to prefer rendering using the Nvidia card.

Comment

Debian Sid: Umm, with libglvnd+nvidia, Unigine Valley works but Steam does not start... back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                  Debian Sid: Umm, with libglvnd+nvidia, Unigine Valley works but Steam does not start... back to the drawing board.
                  There is a bug in libglvnd + __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1, see:
                  https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/756 for a fix.

Comment

Yeah saw that already although that's about games on Steam and not the Steam client itself, I'll reinstall to test asap.

/LE:
                    Code:
                    __GLVND_DISALLOW_PATCHING=1 exe
                    fixes Steam and compton
                    Last edited by Licaon; 12 February 2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sa666666 View Post
                      For anyone using later versions of Plasma 5 (KDE), this is the first stable release of the Nvidia drivers that fix the crash at startup related to SDDM.
                      Is that the one where the SDDM splash screen overlays the Plasma 5 Desktop. Or the black screen of doom?? :-)
                      I presuming your taking about the Qt5 libraries built with egl / gles2 support - in place of desktop gl?

Ahhh, you've got to love Plasma 5 - whilst you hurriedly look for an alternative desktop...

Comment

Working...
                      X