Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 361.28 Linux Driver Released, Makes GLVND Optional

Phoronix: NVIDIA 361.28 Linux Driver Released, Makes GLVND Optional

The NVIDIA 361.28 Linux driver was released a short time ago as the newest stable release in the NVIDIA 361 driver series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

On my machine - nvidia 840m is still segfault - bumblebee + primusrun - Kubuntu 14.04.3 and Kubuntu 15.10:

glxgears[2161]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f65eeb3cd24 sp 00007ffe699602d0 error 4 in libGL.so.1[7f65eeb13000+47000]

glxgears[2227]: segfault at 0 ip 00007fe1141d6d24 sp 00007fff748970c0 error 4 in libGL.so.1[7fe1141ad000+47000]

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
      On my machine - nvidia 840m is still segfault - bumblebee + primusrun - Kubuntu 14.04.3 and Kubuntu 15.10:
      \Have you tired the kernel supported solution? IE: using nvidia-prime package in U(K,L,ECT)buntu, can also be console activated without this package.

Comment

i will try later this new driver with bumblebee in ubuntu 16.04 if it works

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

\Have you tired the kernel supported solution? IE: using nvidia-prime package in U(K,L,ECT)buntu, can also be console activated without this package.
          Nvidia Prime is not a good solution ... poor performance, a small smoother playability, switching between graphics instead of buffering nvidia.

Comment

ext73

​Ubuntu has nvidia-prime support directly, why dont you use the packaged versions? Bumblebee is crap, slow as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              ext73

​Ubuntu has nvidia-prime support directly, why dont you use the packaged versions? Bumblebee is crap, slow as hell.

I get much better performance with bumblebee, with the added benefit that I don't need to log out to use my nvidia card.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                ext73

Kano Prime is much slower than bb ... see my youtube chanel: youtube.com/user/ext73

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post

Kano Prime is much slower than bb ... see my youtube chanel: youtube.com/user/ext73
                  Dude, bumblebee is segfaulting for you. You'd rather use a faster, non-working solution over a slower, possibly working one?
                  Plus, I don't see the point in prime. You can just use the nvidia card, it's not like there's a world of difference in power consumption.

Comment

For anyone using later versions of Plasma 5 (KDE), this is the first stable release of the Nvidia drivers that fix the crash at startup related to SDDM.

Comment

Working...
                    X