Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 173.14.05 Display Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2D performance problems from earlier releases were fixed?
    Somehow. It's behind intel and ati but kde4 is now usable.
    Try this:
    Put this in your xorg.conf:
    Section "Screen"
    ........
    Option "PixmapCacheSize" "200000"
    ........
    EndSection

    if you have a laptop

    put this in /etc/modprobe.conf (or create a file in /etc/modprobe.d/)

    options nvidia NVreg_RegistryDwords="PerfLevelSrc=0x2222"
    options nvidia NVreg_Mobile=1

    reboot (or from console (without X started): rmmod nvidia;modprobe nvidia)


    run: nvidia-settings -a InitialPixmapPlacement=2 -a GlyphCache=1

    I have NVIDIA 8600M GT. Kde now works pretty good.

    If you don't have an laptop I suggest you to buy ATI !!!

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by AHSauge View Post
      Yes, it works, though there is some text corruption going on Strangely enough, it only seem to affect some fonts, but not all. I'm not sure if this is my fault or the driver though.
      And there is already linva.org package.
      Time to update Fedora
      http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fed....lvn9.i686.rpm

      Comment


      • #23
        It seems that the performance difference between 171.06 and 173.14.05 in Nexuiz are very slight (in contrast to the performance in glxgears)

        My PTS benchmark

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by taipan View Post
          Somehow. It's behind intel and ati but kde4 is now usable.
          Try this:
          Put this in your xorg.conf:
          Section "Screen"
          ........
          Option "PixmapCacheSize" "200000"
          ........
          EndSection

          if you have a laptop

          put this in /etc/modprobe.conf (or create a file in /etc/modprobe.d/)

          options nvidia NVreg_RegistryDwords="PerfLevelSrc=0x2222"
          options nvidia NVreg_Mobile=1

          reboot (or from console (without X started): rmmod nvidia;modprobe nvidia)


          run: nvidia-settings -a InitialPixmapPlacement=2 -a GlyphCache=1

          I have NVIDIA 8600M GT. Kde now works pretty good.

          If you don't have an laptop I suggest you to buy ATI !!!
          does it make konqueror work? with ipp @ 2 konq in kde4 rendered "paint drying" slow and opening large images was an exercise in patience

          Comment


          • #25
            InitialPixmapPlacement=1 works best for large images on my setup.

            Comment


            • #26
              Well, all I can say is "lulz"... Now the people suddenly want to embrace ATI's efforts the help the development of radeon/radeonhd drivers by telling others to buy ATI stuff...
              I'd risk a statement that people ALWAYS stick to what works... ideology is irrelevant here - I think I've never seen anyone cursing NVIDIA when their driver was working well, no matter if it was closed or whatever.
              I am sure NVIDIA will fix the bugs - and then, will you still call for people to buy ATI or return to using what you have?
              Anyway... 'twas just a random rant... feel free to flame me if you see it proper...

              Comment


              • #27
                Hi
                Any new fix for Powermizer on Notebooks? (6150NOGO)
                I am stuck at Performance-Mode.I would like to get my card cooler.
                Thanks

                Comment


                • #28
                  Text corruption FC9

                  Originally posted by AHSauge View Post
                  Yes, it works, though there is some text corruption going on Strangely enough, it only seem to affect some fonts, but not all. I'm not sure if this is my fault or the driver though.

                  Here's an example of it
                  I'm getting the same text corruption with this driver. Any solution yet?

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by _txf_ View Post
                    does it make konqueror work? with ipp @ 2 konq in kde4 rendered "paint drying" slow and opening large images was an exercise in patience
                    Yes, is not like intel or ati but is working !!!

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Since I left the 100.14.19 driver I had problems with window icons corruption (minimize, maximize, close) and the related bar.
                      I also had problems with amsn when I try to change my personal picture (X crashes in that moment). Does this driver resolve them?

                      My card is a 7300 GT.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X