Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best nvidia gpu for gaming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Also, this is very nice link: http://openbenchmarking.org/index.ph...FO-57500792103

    Pay attention to OpenArena 0.8.8 and Xonotic tests, where I notice two facts:

    - recent MESA with Vadim's patches has nearly trippled its performance, compared to state from Ubuntu 12.10 (half year ago).
    - recent MESA with Vadim's patches is performing 100% to fglrx (remember that: 5770 on fglrx vs 5750 on mesa, and balance logically)

    Comment


    • #32
      why you tell us about amd shit in a post that only talks about nvidia?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
        why you tell us about amd shit in a post that only talks about nvidia?
        Because I am not fanboi or order nazi, like you? What has your question lost in nvidia shit-only thread?
        My posts are response to OP post and all follow ups, ie nothing offtopic, unlike your post : )

        Comment


        • #34
          OK, so i I've benchmarked the gpu with nvidia 310.14 drivers and i think it did fairly well comparing with AMD cards

          http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...FO-TEST1635060

          Comment


          • #35
            No, you're not Nazis, the Nazis were good people, they were selling not amd shit. What happens is that you are a worker amd

            Comment


            • #36
              A decent price/performance ratio can be had from the 650 Ti Boost right now, which can play modern games at medium to high settings up to 1080p.


              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                No, you're not Nazis, the Nazis were good people, they were selling not amd shit. What happens is that you are a worker amd
                Lol!! You have like zero idea who nazis were, how many people they mutilated etc. In real life I would have long cracked your skull open for saying shit like this. I got this reflex from my grandpa
                And no, I am not AMD "worker", owning two AMD cards does not qualify one to become "worker".
                I am perfectly fine with OP purchase 660 card, in fact I recommended him nvidia for certain cases in my first post.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by brosis View Post
                  Lol!! You have like zero idea who nazis were, how many people they mutilated etc. In real life I would have long cracked your skull open for saying shit like this. I got this reflex from my grandpa
                  And no, I am not AMD "worker", owning two AMD cards does not qualify one to become "worker".
                  I am perfectly fine with OP purchase 660 card, in fact I recommended him nvidia for certain cases in my first post.
                  I study history in college, but clearly you can not understand what an irony.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    hI guys, I have benchmarked my gpu with unigine valley, and it seems to do slightly better than the HD7950 just to show how much better are the nvidia drivers!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      The best video cards in price/perf ratio are GTS450, GTX550-560, GTX650-660. If you have a game that doesn't give you decent FPS with these cards in native resolution then disable the FSAA, lower anisotrophic filtering, lower your resolution a bit and try again. Slightly lower resolution will give you a nice anti-aliasing - anisotrophic like effect and your GPU won't have to compute the overwhelming filtering bits. Happy gaming

                      And don't ever consider an AMD gpu if you don't intend to take on "an opensource driver zealot's pilgrimage to feature-performance wonderland"™.
                      Last edited by glxextxexlg; 05-09-2013, 08:05 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by glxextxexlg View Post
                        And don't ever consider an AMD gpu if you don't intend to take on "an opensource driver zealot's pilgrimage to feature-performance wonderland".
                        "Someone who whories about opensource, clearly does not deserve ever getting it"

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          So I've completed some more benchmarks, here is the link if someone is interested in seeing.
                          http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...FO-TEST7308218

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X