Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geforce Titan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Geforce Titan

    FYI, you should start seeing benches of the Geforce Titan in linux later this coming week (if Micheal fixes the login on openbenchmarking).

  • #2
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    FYI, you should start seeing benches of the Geforce Titan in linux later this coming week (if Micheal fixes the login on openbenchmarking).
    so the login still not working right for you?
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Michael View Post
      so the login still not working right for you?
      Still an endless loop. (and ya, won a few k last night at the casino so bit the bullet and ordered a titan)

      Comment


      • #4
        Just one?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by curaga View Post
          Just one?
          For now, until I get a few more Asus PB278Q's, got one on the big rig and another on the new Mac Mini. Do you have any idea how bloody hard it is to find a Mini dispayport to displayport cables in the middle of farmer country?

          Comment


          • #6
            I read the benchmarks today, the card is somewhere between 680 and 690. Which is excellent.
            But its price is completely off the scale even for such performance. Which is bad.
            That means, its a "good" card

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by brosis View Post
              I read the benchmarks today, the card is somewhere between 680 and 690. Which is excellent.
              But its price is completely off the scale even for such performance. Which is bad.
              That means, its a "good" card
              That all depends on the uses for the card. For me it is a cheap way to develop me fp64 Cuda code without suffering a huge performance penalty and Tesla K20 cards start at 3.5x the price.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                That all depends on the uses for the card. For me it is a cheap way to develop me fp64 Cuda code without suffering a huge performance penalty and Tesla K20 cards start at 3.5x the price.
                Isn't there a switch on windows nvidia control panel to enable more double precision power which is crippled by default(games does not need it). I just wondering is there a same kind of option for linux driver too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
                  Isn't there a switch on windows nvidia control panel to enable more double precision power which is crippled by default(games does not need it). I just wondering is there a same kind of option for linux driver too.
                  Should be able to enable that with nvidia-smi (apparently it has a few more functions for Titan then other consumer cards) from what I have been told. Looks like my Titan won't ship until the 15th however so a few more weeks before the benches start coming in I'm afraid.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does your Titan support GOP? I mean when you enable Ultra Fast Boot. I read somewhere that it would work with MSI, EVGA provides firmware updates and ASUS cards currently have got no GOP support.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Does your Titan support GOP? I mean when you enable Ultra Fast Boot. I read somewhere that it would work with MSI, EVGA provides firmware updates and ASUS cards currently have got no GOP support.
                      Not sure Kano, I'll let you know when I get it in. (It is the EVGA that I ordered).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Btw. you can try TF 2 to benchmark as well. I did a stupid demo and benchmarked some of my cards with up to 3 drivers:

                        http://kanotix.com/files/fix/tmp/tf2/tf2-benchmarks.txt

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kano View Post
                          Btw. you can try TF 2 to benchmark as well. I did a stupid demo and benchmarked some of my cards with up to 3 drivers:

                          http://kanotix.com/files/fix/tmp/tf2/tf2-benchmarks.txt
                          "steam -applaunch 440 +con_logfile /tmp/tf2.log +cl_showfps 1 +timedemoquit demo"

                          Does Steam now cleanly exit after running the demo? Last time I tried, it still wouldn't exit fully (hence why still no benchmarks since wasn't working to fully automate it 100%).
                          Michael Larabel
                          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It exits when steam is running. But the problem is that you would have to check if hl2_linux is working to do the grep after that because it is a one way command only. I used a more direct command first that executed hl2_linux -game tf with some LD overrides, but that somehow only worked on one box but not on the next. Will update instructions when i get it running on the problematic box...
                            Last edited by Kano; 03-01-2013, 02:21 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It seems when the other command have been run once (maybe also when tf2 was started before) this script works as well:

                              http://kanotix.com/files/fix/tmp/tf2/tf2-bench.sh

                              I think this is better for pts because you dont have to wait for hl2_linux stop.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X