Linux and the NVidia GTX 660?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@oldcpu

If you mean tearing while watching a movie with KDE it helps to disable KDE fx (alt+shift+f12) and use OpenGL for output in case of huger problems, best something like XBMC.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcpu View Post
      Thanks ... I think that a good suggestion (to use the integrated Intel-Core-i7-4770/motherboard HD 4600 graphics).

I'll also make certain the PC I purchase has a good sized power supply, so to be able support a GTX 660 in the future , if I so decide to add such a 2nd graphic device.
      What kind of rendering are you doing? If you are using blender geforce can speed up rendering.

Comment

I have the GTX 660 card with proprietary drivers and it works perfect. I have had zero issues with it, play many steam/Wine games.

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
          What kind of rendering are you doing? If you are using blender geforce can speed up rendering.
          Mostly I am using kdenlive to render 1920x1080 videos, and occasionally use other applications such as handbrake, avidemux, h264enc and xvidenc (where the latter two are based on mencoder, where I believe mencoder support has stopped).

Comment

Originally posted by oldcpu View Post
            Mostly I am using kdenlive to render 1920x1080 videos, and occasionally use other applications such as handbrake, avidemux, h264enc and xvidenc (where the latter two are based on mencoder, where I believe mencoder support has stopped).
            Well in that kind of tasks you don't really need discrete graphics card(there's no app using nvidia' s nvenc or amd video codec engines). Integrated intel and quicksync should be enough, alltough I'm not sure is there yet quicksync support for linux in handbrake.

Comment

Working...
            X