Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benchmarking NVIDIA's R310 Linux Driver Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    Yeah, not a great CPU, AMD Athlon II X3 450 @ 3.2GHz, I might try a 1280x1024 versus just for kicks, that should avoid a CPU bottleneck?


    By chance the max FPS is around 60, just a coincidence, I know that nVidia sets Vsync ON by default and that's the way a use it anyway, but no, I disable Vsync everytime I run benches.
    Check the frame to frame latencies; that should show if you're bottlenecking or not.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      I wonder what this means for Windows drivers, because the performance of Linux drivers was very close to them. And now the Linux performance got better.
      The 310 drivers for Windows include a significant performance boost there, too, according to the NVIDIA driver changelog. It took all of 10 seconds to Google that, likely less time than it took you to write your post. They're showing very significant improvements for some poorly-written games (e.g. Skyrim) and a still respectable 3-6% improvement for a number of already well-optimized (mostly hardware-limited) games. (All on Direct3D; NVIDIA didn't mention OpenGL performance numbers for Windows for these drivers.)

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by elanthis View Post
        The 310 drivers for Windows include a significant performance boost there, too, according to the NVIDIA driver changelog. It took all of 10 seconds to Google that, likely less time than it took you to write your post. They're showing very significant improvements for some poorly-written games (e.g. Skyrim) and a still respectable 3-6% improvement for a number of already well-optimized (mostly hardware-limited) games. (All on Direct3D; NVIDIA didn't mention OpenGL performance numbers for Windows for these drivers.)
        nvidia mentioned? so this are nvidias statements about the performance increase and no benchmarks? in that case i would eat that claims carefully.

        Comment


        • #14
          Article takes forever to load

          Looks like the problem is openbenchmarking.org being very slow to respond

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
            Nice minimum 20% boost across the board. Sometimes even 25%.

            Valve should do their "Faster Zombies" test with L4D2 on Linux vs. Windows 7 again.
            Which ended 315 vs. 270 FPS in favor of Linux with OpenGL. Wonder it would score 378 FPS now on Linux.
            Actually i believe that *this* is the special custom beta driver that Valve used to do those tests...and only now was released to the masses.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
              Check the frame to frame latencies; that should show if you're bottlenecking or not.
              could you detail this? what tool and such?

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by a user View Post
                nvidia mentioned? so this are nvidias statements about the performance increase and no benchmarks? in that case i would eat that claims carefully.
                Nevermind there's a whole article conforming nvidia's claims (for linux), haters gonna hate.

                Comment


                • #18
                  I wonder what this means for Windows drivers, because the performance of Linux drivers was very close to them. And now the Linux performance got better
                  Last edited by Leslie508; 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Next will we see an optimized and bug-free Catalyst Linux driver?
                    As if the nvidia driver is bug-free? Stop trolling Micheal.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      waiting for AMD to counter. if not, my next card is an Nvidia one ... I am partialy to Nvidia already but low prices on AMD cards do still mess up the decision.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X