Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting

Good, on multiple cards as well.
    I'd still be interested to see the effect of "Undirect fulscreen windows" on compiz though.

Comment

gnome ain't dead, the pile of fail that is unity is dead.

hey man why not test the fastest DE out there, lxde? lubuntu instead of kubuntu

hell even xubuntu would do. gnome and kde are the slowest ones.

THIS ---------> "Where the frack is Doom3 test? "

Doom3 is the most relevant app out there that you can use natively both in windows and linux... who cares about xonotblabla

Comment

Is there a launchpad bug# for this issue?

Comment

I have got some basic problems with the GT220 heaven results. The card has got no OpenGL 4 support that means the 2 others might have used tesselation or was tesselation always off? Like when you would compare a GTX 275/285 vs. GTX 460 then it is possible that you get higher fps on heaven, but you get a different visual. Maybe add 2 profiles, one with and one without tesselation and check in the output IF it was enabled and when not mark the results to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
            hey man why not test the fastest DE out there, lxde? lubuntu instead of kubuntu
            if i remember good previous benchmarks on that topic proven KDE can run opengl ap's as fast as a lightweight DE
            only difference is that KDE uses more RAM, and i doubt any of the ap's in the tests here benefit from 200MB extra ram on 8gig (i know xonotic dosent)

Comment

XFCE 720p and 1080p exists

I would like XFCE, 720p and 1080p tests too

1080p monitors are the best selled and they are set at 1080p or 720p - less tahn 1/2 pixels -

Of course higher resolutions give benchamrk results, but main ones are 1080p and 720p that is what "normal" people use.

Comment

Originally posted by mitcoes View Post
                I would like XFCE, 720p and 1080p tests too

1080p monitors are the best selled and they are set at 1080p or 720p - less tahn 1/2 pixels -

Of course higher resolutions give benchamrk results, but main ones are 1080p and 720p that is what "normal" people use.
                I am using XFCE with Compiz on 1920x1080, so yes this is a real use case.

Comment

For those using Ubuntu 12.04: Unity 5.16 is in precise-proposed now and will land as a stable update later this month.

Comment

I have installed v304.43 nvidia proprietary drivers in Kubuntu 12.04 and I've had problems with the "Xorg" process that took excessive consumption of RAM (about 400MB) and a while after overload CPU usage (50%). Did anyone have a similar problem?.
                    In fact just installed the "nvidia" driver to experience, because with "nouveau" everything works fine on my GT430. With nouveau Xorg does not exceed 35Mb of RAM and 25% CPU usage with KDE effects enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
                      I have installed v304.43 nvidia proprietary drivers in Kubuntu 12.04 and I've had problems with the "Xorg" process that took excessive consumption of RAM (about 400MB) and a while after overload CPU usage (50%). Did anyone have a similar problem?.
                      In fact just installed the "nvidia" driver to experience, because with "nouveau" everything works fine on my GT430. With nouveau Xorg does not exceed 35Mb of RAM and 25% CPU usage with KDE effects enabled.
                      So, is this your first time installing a more featured program that also needs more RAM to do the job? Of course nouveau will use more RAM, it doesn't do half the stuff the proprietary driver does.
                      I have the driver installed on Kubuntu 12.10beta, but didn't notice the memory usage; wasn't paying attention either. It seemed to work just as fine as the previous version.

Comment

Working...
                      X