Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Issues New 302 Linux Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Wow... I haven't interacted with runlevels since the olllllllllllllllllllllllllllld (OLD) days of RedHat. I thought I was done with those forever. But I'll come back to this and give it a try the next time an update comes out. Thanks.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by johnc View Post
      Wow... I haven't interacted with runlevels since the olllllllllllllllllllllllllllld (OLD) days of RedHat. I thought I was done with those forever. But I'll come back to this and give it a try the next time an update comes out. Thanks.
      they (those days) are only over IF you are using systemd, i haven't switched yet - but i am sure sometime this year i will.... Systemd, i would hope provides something similar, but since i haven't bothered with it yet, i don't really know.

      Comment


      • #33
        I reported a bug in the last beta, and NVidia fixed it in this one. This never happened with the bugs I reported about "another vendor's" binary driver :-)

        Comment


        • #34
          @Johnc

          I just updated to this driver, using the method i said. worked like a charm


          @RealNC

          what was the bug? ... and regardless, that it awesome.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by ninez View Post
            @RealNC

            what was the bug? ... and regardless, that it awesome.
            This is the bug report. NVidia people actually read these

            http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180025

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              This is the bug report. NVidia people actually read these

              http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180025
              Well, i do like Nvidia, and i do think that they do a decent job that was a good find, and i am glad they fixed it.

              cheerz

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                I reported a bug in the last beta, and NVidia fixed it in this one. This never happened with the bugs I reported about "another vendor's" binary driver :-)
                For me, this xv vsync thing is the *third* time Nvidia fixed something I reported. And the total number of my reports (which means the total number of issues I had with their driver) is... three. So perfect track record . The Nvidia devs really do read nvnews, and file internal bugs for the issues people report there.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                  For me, this xv vsync thing is the *third* time Nvidia fixed something I reported. And the total number of my reports (which means the total number of issues I had with their driver) is... three. So perfect track record . The Nvidia devs really do read nvnews, and file internal bugs for the issues people report there.
                  All the more reason to stick with Nvidia

                  I'm actually liking this new driver, it seems a bit snappier in a few situations and 302.07 crashed my system (hard) a few times, but 302.11 hasn't yet (keeping fingers crossed). Mind you, i am using an RT-kernel 99% of the time (with patched nvidia) so hopefully the last beta was just a bit of a dud, and they improved it. previous to 302.07 i hadn't had a single crash with Nvidia on either the 3.0-rt or 3.2-rt kernels. The funny thing was that i was getting ready to file a bug report against 302.07 (ie: i read all of nvidia's bug reporting documentation ~ starting X with more verbose logging, running nvidia's utility to collect the relevant info, etc) ... but then this driver was released, so i didn't bother (but will, it it happens with this one).

                  cheerz

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ninez View Post
                    @Johnc

                    I just updated to this driver, using the method i said. worked like a charm
                    Ahh... I'm on Ubuntu. I'll have to find the upstart variation of the method!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by johnc View Post
                      Ahh... I'm on Ubuntu. I'll have to find the upstart variation of the method!
                      too bad... I can't help you there, since i don't use Ubuntu.... I am running Archlinux.

                      I'm sure if you dig around, there should be some quick way of getting the nvidia updated without rebooting in Ubuntu.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X