Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti AMD/ATI Spammer army paid by Nvidia unmasked !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by sabriah View Post
    I use both AMD and nVidia.

    Will both pay me?
    Perhaps Intel or PowerVR would pay you to diss both

    Comment


    • #17
      amd hardware is fine but what u do with that hardware if drivers just suck!
      opensource drivers might be good but u will loose a lot of perf in 3D (games and stuff)
      fglrx drivers are good with most 3D apps(performance wise) but doesnt work well with wine and a lots of random annoying issues in every release.

      Comment


      • #18
        I'm pretty sure this is all about Windows, since nvidia has very little to fear from AMD on Linux.

        Comment


        • #19
          > "I'm pretty sure this is all about Windows, since nvidia has very little to fear from AMD on Linux."

          I tend to agree. No one's going to pay Linux users to trash-talk AMD when those of us that own some AMD cards will do it for free.

          But until Nvidia gets optimus support going, they don't get any compliments either.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            Opensource is the MONEY WORTH!
            Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, I bought an HD5870 half a year ago hoping to be able to run FOSS drivers with decent performance, I switched back to X1950XTX because radeon still sucked.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
              Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, I bought an HD5870 half a year ago hoping to be able to run FOSS drivers with decent performance, I switched back to X1950XTX because radeon still sucked.
              i think the problem is the shader compiler you maybe do have more luck with the hd7970 +opensource drivers in the future.

              because VLIW is fucked up with compilers ..

              Comment


              • #22
                No, the real problem is the lack of manpower
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think those two complement each other, if it was easy to make a VLIW compiler, even with little manpower it would likely be done already.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    No, the real problem is the lack of manpower
                    its just both lack of manpower+VLIW

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      In this tropic? Would be nice if it was the tropics, with some drinks lying on a palm hammock.

                      Nvidia is a cutthroat corporation, but if they're hiring shills it hardly matters because AMD genuinely ticked off a lot of users with false promises. What if AMD paid off an army of apologists?
                      Last edited by xyzone; 02-01-2012, 02:44 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by xyzone View Post
                        In this tropic? Would be nice if it was the tropics, with some drinks lying on a palm hammock.

                        Nvidia is a cutthroat corporation, but if they're hiring shills it hardly matters because AMD genuinely ticked off a lot of users with false promises. What if AMD paid off an army of apologists?
                        uhh i check the promises: they promise a opensource driver and magic magic: i use a opensource driver...

                        can you tell me a promise they make without a similar result of the promise ?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          They implied for years that a full capacity driver was being developed. It took far too long to disclose a warning that the driver's future was questionable, if it even happened clearly. That's not unusual. It's standard corporate strategy to gamble around vaporware just like hiring shills to dump on the competition. Apologists might try to whitewash past events, but the people who lived it as customers aren't going to switch realities without taking some drugs no matter what they say. The open source driver is a nice side effect for any linux user that happens to need function on older radeon cards, but it isn't full performance and anybody that goes out to buy new AMD cards for use in a linux desktop is a little strange, or a sucker like from the fglrx promises days.

                          If you need an open source video driver, that's what Intel video is for, and it's not exactly rare. If Intel made a serious, non-wishy-washy, non-vapor implement of video acceleration, I wouldn't even bother with nvidia. But as it is, all the corporate politics yammering grows boring from all directions while the cards from the devil incarnate (nvidia) actually function on linux with these features already.
                          Last edited by xyzone; 02-01-2012, 03:32 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by xyzone View Post
                            They implied for years that a full capacity driver was being developed. It took far too long to disclose a warning that the driver's future was questionable, if it even happened clearly. That's not unusual. It's standard corporate strategy to gamble around vaporware just like hiring shills to dump on the competition. Apologists might try to whitewash past events, but the people who lived it as customers aren't going to switch realities without taking some drugs no matter what they say. The open source driver is a nice side effect for any linux user that happens to need function on older radeon cards, but it isn't full performance and anybody that goes out to buy new AMD cards for use in a linux desktop is a little strange, or a sucker like from the fglrx promises days.

                            If you need an open source video driver, that's what Intel video is for, and it's not exactly rare. If Intel made a serious, non-wishy-washy, non-vapor implement of video acceleration, I wouldn't even bother with nvidia. But as it is, all the corporate politics yammering grows boring from all directions while the cards from the devil incarnate (nvidia) actually function on linux with these features already.
                            promise vs implied can you find your personal mistake?

                            You FAIL to prove anything.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              can you find your personal mistake?
                              Assuming reading comprehension from the responder?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by xyzone View Post
                                Assuming reading comprehension from the responder?
                                you don't understand how it works. first of all you have to quote amd : "blablabla" then you prove they are liars.

                                but you do it wrong you do it like this: amd: "aaaaaaaa" you : "they claim bbbbbb they are liars " but in fact amd never say "bbbbb" only "aaaaaa"

                                because of this your writing is nonsense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X