No announcement yet.

Nvidia 270.40.06 not working on my PC with Geforce 9300 IGP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia 270.40.06 not working on my PC with Geforce 9300 IGP

Hey everyone,

I was hoping I could get some help here. I have a Zotac 9300itx motherboard with integrated Geforce 9300 graphics. Up till now this has worled beautifully in linux, especially using VDPAU to watch HD Videos in XBMC. I recently upgraded to Ubuntu Natty 11.04, and with it came the new nvidia driver, 270.04.6. This driver completely fails on my system, I have tried multiple installs, both i386 and amd64, and the kernel always panics when the nvidia driver is loaded and X starts. I have also tried to install the new driver in Maverick, to see if this is a problem with the driver specifically, or something else in Natty, but it causes the same problem in Maverick as well. The only way I was able to get a kernel log was using netconsole, as the system seemed to crash before anything was logged, am attaching the log here . I posted a bug on Launchpad ( but it has gotten absolutely no attention Does anyone have any ideas? In the log you can see the Kernel Oops on line 26, after the nvidia driver is loaded.

Post at nvnews support forums.

Sumpin' about that Zotac

I have the same mobo in my HTPC machine. The latest nVidia Windows driver blows up on that machine, too.