Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 260.19.26 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NVIDIA 260.19.26 Linux Driver Released

    Phoronix: NVIDIA 260.19.26 Linux Driver Released

    Two weeks after NVIDIA had put out their unannounced 260.19.21 Linux driver, they have returned to the web and have officially released the NVIDIA 260.19.26 graphics driver for Linux x86/x86_64 along with Solaris and FreeBSD operating systems...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODkxMg

  • #2
    The driver is 260.19.29 not .26

    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157952

    Comment


    • #3
      Still no SLI or overclocking support for Fermi cards, weak...

      Comment


      • #4
        Soot, I was struggling between a HD 6950 and GTX 570, now HD 6950 is out and it's driver looks like to be eons to go and 570's driver is right here! Gonna buy the 570 soon as xmas treat!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
          Still no SLI or overclocking support for Fermi cards, weak...
          Oh you stop whining while AMD's card can't even do proper 2D, or keep the system running for some days without hard cock up.

          Comment


          • #6
            The unannounced driver was 260.19.26, not 260.19.21.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
              Oh you stop whining while AMD's card can't even do proper 2D, or keep the system running for some days without hard cock up.
              Nvidia's driver has been stable for a long time and they rarely add new features. Fermi users have been asking for OC and SLI support for more than half a year now because they expected it to work when they bought their card just like it would with other Nvidia products. In this driver they have added a new feature and what is it...? 3D Vision Pro support that barely will be used.

              While it's good to have it on Linux, maybe Nvidia should change their priority list a little and first bring the customers what they ask for and then the extras...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ulukai View Post
                In this driver they have added a new feature and what is it...? 3D Vision Pro support that barely will be used.
                While it's good to have it on Linux, maybe Nvidia should change their priority list a little and first bring the customers what they ask for and then the extras...
                IMO 3D Vision is more important than SLI.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by zoomblab View Post
                  IMO 3D Vision is more important than SLI.
                  Yup, 3d support is fairly important to their bread and butter high end professional market. Where there is relatively little need for SLi support in linux until something can actually push the cards hard enough to make use of it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just run 3dmark11 with wine

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X