• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    NVidia rules, ATI drools
    AGREE!!! Its a shame!!

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      NVidia rules, ATI drools
      amd just work on openGL4 for the 5870......

nvidia can't because no hardware

Comment

Do you want to place a bet who will release the first OpenGL 4 driver? My guess is this month at max next month with a preview driver from nvidia. Hardware will be out in a week too, just you need enough money, gtx 470/480 will be not cheap, that's clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
          amd just work on openGL4 for the 5870......

nvidia can't because no hardware
          Does the ATI 5000 series cards even have all the bells and whistles to support OGL4? Maybe we have to wait till N.Islands (R900).

Comment

Originally posted by fa5hion View Post
            Does the ATI 5000 series cards even have all the bells and whistles to support OGL4? Maybe we have to wait till N.Islands (R900).
            I think only some of the 5xxx series can offer official hardware opengl 4.0 support. The lower end cards are missing the 64bit floating point support (I read that from the opengl forums anyway).
            In either case, it should still be fine to use a kind of wrapper to load opengl3.3, and then required extensions to get almost-4.0 support (if you don't need the double-precision floats). The function pointers will all be the same anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Do you want to place a bet who will release the first OpenGL 4 driver? My guess is this month at max next month with a preview driver from nvidia. Hardware will be out in a week too, just you need enough money, gtx 470/480 will be not cheap, that's clear.
              amd do have the first openGL4 extansions.... nvidia is just a lame duck

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                Yes! nVidia has an awesome FLOSS driver- oh ehm... no wait...
                Yep, zip, nada, zilch. Only thing that comes close is nouveau, and even that driver is not yet ready for primetime

Comment

What in the world are they up to? If they put all this in python it's going to make things too easy.

http://www.vrplumber.com/py3d.py

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                    The first beta driver, or non-beta? My guess is that a different company wins each of those races.

Comment

The first officially available, beta or not does not matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X