Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 190.16 Driver Brings OpenGL 3.2 To Linux

Phoronix: NVIDIA 190.16 Driver Brings OpenGL 3.2 To Linux

Yesterday NVIDIA released their first 190.xx Linux beta driver for their GeForce and Quadro graphics cards. The NVIDIA 190.16 Beta driver brought a number of VDPAU fixes, PowerMizer control features, a number of new official and unofficial OpenGL extensions receiving GLX protocol support, and there were a number of other fixes and enhancements too. However, now that we have had a chance to analyze this driver, there is more in store than what the change-log shares regarding this driver. There is in fact support for the unreleased OpenGL 3.2 specification.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: NVIDIA 190.16 Driver Brings OpenGL 3.2 To Linux

Yesterday NVIDIA released their first 190.xx Linux beta driver for their GeForce and Quadro graphics cards. The NVIDIA 190.16 Beta driver brought a number of VDPAU fixes, PowerMizer control features, a number of new official and unofficial OpenGL extensions receiving GLX protocol support, and there were a number of other fixes and enhancements too. However, now that we have had a chance to analyze this driver, there is more in store than what the change-log shares regarding this driver. There is in fact support for the unreleased OpenGL 3.2 specification.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=14057
    Anything on fixing DVI To HDMI to a 1080P LCD overscan?

Comment

Originally posted by ap90033 View Post
      Anything on fixing DVI To HDMI to a 1080P LCD overscan?
      Don't know but if you have troubles or questions, visit http://www.nvnews.net/
      Nvidia post and read it.

Comment

190.16 just hosed my machine.

I tried to install on a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 setup on my HP 8710w (Quadro 1600m gpu) and now I'm stuck.

Installed OS
        Installed latest Wine
        Installed Oblivion
        downloaded 190.16 to desktop
        Quit to cli via Ctrl + Alt + f2
        Stop GDM and run installer (let installer do everything, write to xorg.conf, etc
        Code:
        cd Desktop
        sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
        sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-190.16-pkg2.run
        sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start
        Boom! blank screen. Scrambling to learn how to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by laxtop View Post
          190.16 just hosed my machine.

I tried to install on a fresh Ubuntu 9.04 amd64 setup on my HP 8710w (Quadro 1600m gpu) and now I'm stuck.

Installed OS
          Installed latest Wine
          Installed Oblivion
          downloaded 190.16 to desktop
          Quit to cli via Ctrl + Alt + f2
          Stop GDM and run installer (let installer do everything, write to xorg.conf, etc
          Code:
          cd Desktop
          sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop
          sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-190.16-pkg2.run
          sudo /etc/init.d/gdm start
          Boom! blank screen. Scrambling to learn how to fix.
          Install the older drivers. Some people are reporting black screens after installing the latest BETA drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by dl.zerocool View Post
            Don't know but if you have troubles or questions, visit http://www.nvnews.net/
            Nvidia post and read it.
            Tried, cant get an account there, tried work email and other emails other than gmail and hotmail but they WILL not send me activation email. So I am screwed I guess NO ONE in the WORLD has SLI+Fedora 11+a 1080P LCD TV... I am the only one, I am legend LOL

Seriously cant one of you geniuses help an idiot like me just this once?

Comment

Look into your spam folder.

Comment

... and still...

... no programming manual published and a big ugly and evil blob for Linux.
                Hate generators restarted.

Comment

Originally posted by sylware View Post
                  ... no programming manual published and a big ugly and evil blob for Linux.
                  Hate generators restarted.
                  You mean that big evil blob that has provided the only fully functional 3d acceleration for years so people at least had some card that they could use in a functional state that would allow further development of 3d in linux and others? You mean that blob that provides the only real HD decoding ability on anything but a netbook? Ya you have a lot to hate but it seems misdirected.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    You mean that big evil blob that has provided the only fully functional 3d acceleration for years so people at least had some card that they could use in a functional state that would allow further development of 3d in linux and others? You mean that blob that provides the only real HD decoding ability on anything but a netbook? Ya you have a lot to hate but it seems misdirected.
                    "The only" is somewhat misdirected too - perhaps the only comsumer proprietary driver, but not the only. Just wanted to mention that....

Comment

Working...
                    X