Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matti3 View Post
    woot, finally!

this is great news! can't wait! (btw, link yields gateway timeout)
    Stefan has completed the build files and submitted the rpm's to nvidia for inclusion on their ftp repo. Should be there Monday it looks like.

Comment

Suspend

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
      Suspend worked from 173 to 177 to 180 here :|
      I just checked this on my desktop. With an 8800GT suspend works on the desktop (with the 180.22).
      But my Dell 1520 with an 8600M GT can't suspend. Well, it does suspend, just never comes back out... kinda stinks since I never suspend my desktop, just my laptop.

Comment

i have problem with new drivers - when i try to overclock my 9600gso card system freeze or performance is very low (10fps in glxgears). it's happens on every driver from 180.xx series. any idea what's wrong? on previous drivers (177.xx) overclocking working without problems.

Comment

Anyone have an idea of when this will be packaged for Ubuntu? Or if a backport is in the works for Intrepid?

Comment

On my 4,1 Macbook Pro I am experiencing ugly refresh-errors with the 180-Drivers (beta-versions too), when using Compiz. I have to manually click on the Window Manager (gtk-window-decorator) in order for any changes in the applications state to be displayed. This sucks.

With 177.82 those errors only occur on occasion. I installed Arch Linux without Boot Camp and just rely on rEFIt. Maybe that's what's causing the problems?

Comment

After upgrading to 180.22 from Arch Extra repo, ET:QW has gotten all blotchy.

I open the game and its just messed up. Anyone experience this yet or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by b0uncyfr0 View Post
                After upgrading to 180.22 from Arch Extra repo, ET:QW has gotten all blotchy.

I open the game and its just messed up. Anyone experience this yet or is it just me?
                No, I have a similar problem. I get a low frame rate in Urban Terror.

Comment

180.22 gives me headaches too. I got an Asus M3N78-VM with GeForce 8200 IGP. Compiz renders the computer unusable slow and even without compositing it is rather slow when I switch workspaces: firefox runs on one, nothing on the other. When I switch, it takes one whole second till the wallpaper is finally displayed fully.

Any Ideas?

Comment

I think the 180.22 drivers have the GlyphCache set to 1 (some things run slower on my 8600 with the cache enabled). You could try with GlyphCache set to 0 (the default option for the 177.x series).

GlyphCache enabled:
                    Code:
                    nvidia-settings -a GlyphCache=1

GlyphCache disabled:
                    Code:
                    nvidia-settings -a GlyphCache=0
                    Edit: You could try to change the IPP and PixmapCache options, too.
                    Last edited by urfe; 01-19-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Any word on Ubuntu Intrepid packages of this? I'd like to avoid totally breaking this system if the Nvidia install method doesn't go smoothly.

Comment

http://kanotix.com/files/install-nvidia-debian.sh

This script even enables dkms for nvidia.

Comment

There are 180. packages for ubuntu in intrepid-backports, I think, however a lot of people reported bad breakage with 180.22 drivers.

Comment

Upgraded from 177.82 to 180.22 and mythtv started stealing all my CPU using either libmpeg2 or XvMC output. Went back down to 177.82 and myth hovers around 30%.

Fedora 10 64bit (2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64)
                            GeForce 7600GS
                            Intel Q6600 on ASRock Conroe865PE (4Gb RAM)

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
                              There are 180. packages for ubuntu in intrepid-backports, I think, however a lot of people reported bad breakage with 180.22 drivers.
                              Can you expand on this?

Comment

See some posts at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6646269

Comment

Working...
                                X