Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 180.11 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: NVIDIA 180.11 Linux Driver Released

Back on November 14, NVIDIA had unveiled their 180.06 Linux driver as a major update that brought forth VDPAU, an advanced video acceleration API, and a horde of other features. Four days after that, NVIDIA then pushed out the 180.08 Linux driver that delivered OpenGL 3.0 support...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=Njg5NA

Sweet. Now GlyphCache works as expected again and i can get my blazingly fast text rendering back.

Comment

Ya, it's looking good so far.

Comment

Speed, fixes, and new stuff my applications don't use yet. Woot!

Comment

Great stuff...nVidia is getting better and better with each release. Where's ATI at this stage of the game?

Comment

Why are there two pkg-files, and what is the difference ? I think previous driver downloads have a direct link. Now I'm confused
            Last edited by oyvind; 12-04-2008, 03:04 PM. Reason: Rephrased question.

Comment

Originally posted by oyvind View Post
              Why are there two pkg-files, and what is the difference ? I think previous driver downloads have a direct link. Now I'm confused
              OK, found the answer, pkg1 contains some extra stuff like precompiled kernel interfaces. Move on.

Comment

For 32 bit you can simply take the 0 pkg, but for 64 bit you should use the 1 pkg, because it has got the 32 bit libs too. Higher numbers indicate precompiled kernel modules which are in most cases useless.

Comment

Working...
                X