Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shuttleworth Challenged Over Mir Comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
    The KDE guys have been against Mir since day one. Even the guys working on Kubuntu have been attacking it via the mailing list; so it's not unexpected. Personally I don't want either one, Mir or Wayland. Just seems like another unnecessary layer. If both parties joined and everyone worked on XOrg, something wonderful may have happened. But Open Source suffers from "I want to do my own thing" syndrome.
    Wayland is designed by the X guys to be a better, lighter and more modern display protocol. It should vastly simplify things and remove a lot of unnecessary layers that X necessitates on a modern composited desktop.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
      Personally I don't want either one, Mir or Wayland. Just seems like another unnecessary layer. If both parties joined and everyone worked on XOrg, something wonderful may have happened. But Open Source suffers from "I want to do my own thing" syndrome.
      I regret to inform you that you are misled. X is a dead end, it's fundamentally flawed, and there is no way to improve it other than throwing the whole thing out the window.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
        The KDE guys have been against Mir since day one. Even the guys working on Kubuntu have been attacking it via the mailing list; so it's not unexpected. Personally I don't want either one, Mir or Wayland. Just seems like another unnecessary layer. If both parties joined and everyone worked on XOrg, something wonderful may have happened. But Open Source suffers from "I want to do my own thing" syndrome.
        Read this:

        http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ituation&num=1

        Comment


        • #19
          the funny part was they had to write that do you Mir

          Comment


          • #20
            And this would be what in chess we call a Xeque

            Comment


            • #21
              Did Aaron also swap letters in his family name according to Michael?

              Comment


              • #22
                The proof that Linux community is the reason that "a" Linux distribution never became popular to the desktop masses.

                Linux community = haters, fanboys and politics all over the place...

                Comment


                • #23
                  So that's why as of this morning the popcorn price went up.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by verde View Post
                    The proof that Linux community is the reason that "a" Linux distribution never became popular to the desktop masses.

                    Linux community = haters, fanboys and politics all over the place...

                    Yeah like when Mark Shuttleworth degraded women
                    http://www.junauza.com/2009/09/why-m...oss-women.html

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Michael, actually his name is Aaron Seigo not Siego :P

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by verde View Post
                        The proof that Linux community is the reason that "a" Linux distribution never became popular to the desktop masses.

                        Linux community = haters, fanboys and politics all over the place...

                        I can't think of one arena where there isn't fandom.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Doesn't sound like an interesting discussion at all... Aaron is mostly technical minded, Marc is these days more funtional/political.

                          I would say they don't even talk the same language. Pointless discussion unless you're interested in social/communication skills... in that case my money is on Marc.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            This is Epic LOL



                            Aaron Seigo
                            +Jono Bacon You are not Mark. I fully respect that. Which is why I did not ask for a debate with you or with Canonical or with Ubuntu (whatever that might mean ..).

                            Mark opened his mouth and has once again set a terrible example for everyone around him. Mark is largely responsible for setting the attitude and opinions found within the Ubuntu community, and as such bears a responsibility:when he creates schisms and promulgates lies, they become visible across the entire faultline along the Ubuntu user community within the larger Free software community.

                            Mark does not occupy a privileged position which makes it OK for him to speak his mind, particularly in this fashion, such that is not OK for others to respond in an adult fashion as I have here. You can't quiet a valid response to a statement made in public without hypocritically aligning with that statement.

                            I will not pretend Mark did not say what he did, nor will I allow his false statements go unchallenged in front of the community he is trying to convince.

                            As such, this is between Mark and those he addressed. I do not recognize you as a valid intermediary. Mark spoke for himself, and so am I.

                            Go home, Jono, you are neither wanted nor needed here.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Anyone remember Marks little comment here:
                              http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/551

                              The next major transition for Unity will be to deliver it on Wayland, the OpenGL-based display management system. Wed like to embrace Wayland early, as much of the work were doing on uTouch and other input systems will be relevant for Wayland and its an area we can make a useful contribution to the project.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Honton View Post
                                Too bad they don't give Qt CLA the same treatment. Double standards
                                This is not about CLA at all, so STFU and try to troll somewhere else, maybe you can find a place where people are stupid enough to believe your bullshit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X