Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canonical Continues Working On XMir Performance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dee. View Post
    The Linux on my desktop doesn't suck
    i love my linux desktop and i don't use windows since windows 98 we were refering to massive market microsoft windows heavy contender distro is not feasible yet since many issue need to be addressed first[i put a nice list some post ago] and until most of those issue are fixed will be a very hard task to achieve

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dee. View Post
      What happened, Mark? Did your microsoft partners pay you to mess up the Linux desktop? Maybe...
      These days Microsoft is a bigger Linux contributor than Canonical. No commercial Linux distributor should have less contributions than Microsoft. That's just wrong.

      Comment


      • 17 pages of fanboys CRAP

        Comment


        • Originally posted by johnc View Post
          I guess Mint is okay but don't they use a lot of Canonical repos for stuff? Package updates, kernel backports, etc.? They seem pretty dependent.
          Mint could switch to a Tanglu base.
          That said, the whole Debian fetish is overrated. Something Mint-ish could easily also be achieved with an openSUSE or Fedora base (Korora already does something like that with Fedora, btw).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            These days Microsoft is a bigger Linux contributor than Canonical. No commercial Linux distributor should have less contributions than Microsoft. That's just wrong.
            And the only thing Microsoft contributes is Hyper-V code, lol.

            Originally posted by dee. View Post
            Haha, oh wow... irony meter exploded
            Irony meter exploded 50 trillion times over.

            lol...
            Last edited by synaptix; 07-18-2013, 07:46 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
              What you haters don't understand is that for most people Ubuntu == Linux.....
              You're right of course however It's pretty unfortunate as well since when people try Ubuntu and don't like it they think that's all the Linux world has to offer... sad really.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
                You're right of course however It's pretty unfortunate as well since when people try Ubuntu and don't like it they think that's all the Linux world has to offer... sad really.
                And this will be even worse with Mir because people wont be able to install additional desktop environments.(except over XMir which sucks)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Maxjen View Post
                  And this will be even worse with Mir because people wont be able to install additional desktop environments.(except over XMir which sucks)
                  how do you install additional desktop environments on Xmir when it's like this



                  it's getting really old that i can't even test this new thing Xmir on AMD or Nvidia Opensource Driver's that was said to be working on Ubuntu 13.10 that's release is only weeks away (sorry for my OCD)

                  i can say now if this is the way they're going Mir will not be ready by Ubuntu 14.10 for any thing but a tech demo

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BO$$
                    Oh God you're gonna post that picture ten years from now just to prove that Ubuntu had a bug which means it sucks.
                    At least he has facts to back up his claims, unlike you.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                      At least he has facts to back up his claims, unlike you.
                      Ohh sick burn!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BO$$
                        Oh God you're gonna post that picture ten years from now just to prove that Ubuntu had a bug which means it sucks.
                        Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                        At least he has facts to back up his claims, unlike you.
                        Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                        Ohh sick burn!
                        hmm been playing Dota 2 seeing how it released on Linux a few hour's ago and to see BO$$ get Burned so bad it's been a good day

                        enjoying the last day's of my good old Xorg it served me well for the last 15 or so years

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BO$$
                          Oh God you're gonna post that picture ten years from now just to prove that Ubuntu had a bug which means it sucks.
                          Mr. LOL Weston don't minimize in 10000000 posts whines about few picture post? OMG the IRONY

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                            At least he has facts to back up his claims, unlike you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
                              At least he has facts to back up his claims, unlike you.
                              sorry BO$$

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X