Ubuntu's Unity Next Running On Mir Display Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
    And Mir is DISPLAY SERVER, if it run without SurfaceFinger than it's doing work of display server too.
    Of course it is. I didn't say it's not. I said that it wasn't used as the dispaly server in this demo yet.

Comment

Man all the anti MIR rhetoric has really quieted down since I last checked the forums. Now all I see are ubuntu fanboys :-P

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
        After reading nvidia's slides about porting games to Linux I think it's quite possible. They stated it's much easier to port games to Android when you port them to Linux first. While MIR supports Android drivers it seems to be a logical choice to focus on it. Personally I prefer Wayland, but practically I think MIR will be more important.
        I don't see how that will matter. Game devs will just target SDL, i doubt they'll see much if any difference between Wayland and MIR - assuming both projects work out ok.

Comment

Meh. Not impressed here. Mir is a horrible idea. They should have used wayland, now they're just building a system that will be incompatible with all the other distros. They're building walls around themselves. Ubuntu is no longer a part of the linux ecosystem.

Comment

is my bet... at the earliest, provided they crank on Mir fulltime w/at least a 4-5 men (solid) team.

Comment

Working...
            X