Intel Releases 2.3 RC Driver w/ XvMC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Ok... Googling... (Heh... You'd have found this yourself with this...) I found out that the git repository versions seem to work mostly like they're supposed to with some texture corruption issues. Gentoo people aren't having issues and if you're bold, you can probably solve the issue yourself.

Heh... I have a suspicion that it's still something that they ought not have done (I've seen far, far more than my fair share of code that does things that it might ought to not do that the drivers end up having to compensate for...) and the fix is to sidestep something that they did that was "wrong" that NVidia cleans up after the developer with (And, YES, they DO have edges in their OpenGL implementation that do that sort of thing...).

By the way, I've retracted my comments- they were partly in error and you now have what appears to be a fix for your friend.
    Wierd.. I googled with the error message and found nothing :/
    So the solution is to use GIT? No distros out there like Arch have it packaged?

Comment

Heh... Your google-fu is weak, young apprentice.

Yeah, according to the details I was able to garner, git's where it lies right now. Most of the distros won't USE the git stuff (not officially released) but the Gentoo crowd's a bit on the edge, liking to live a bit more dangerously, so....

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        Heh... Your google-fu is weak, young apprentice.

Yeah, according to the details I was able to garner, git's where it lies right now. Most of the distros won't USE the git stuff (not officially released) but the Gentoo crowd's a bit on the edge, liking to live a bit more dangerously, so....
        Yeah, you're right, My Google-Fu is a bit rusted these days :/

I guess I will have to try using the GIT after all..

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Sorry for asking, but where did you find this info about Gentoo and Intel 965? Just wondering, since I might install Gentoo on my friend's PC if it really works.

Comment

Working...
          X