Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Intel DRM Changes Abound For Linux 3.17

Phoronix: Many Intel DRM Changes Abound For Linux 3.17

The Intel DRM graphics driver will feature its usual large amount of changes with the in-development Linux 3.17 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc1NzI

Acronyms

Not everyone knows what those acronyms like PSR, DSI, RPS, PPGTT are, so please use the <abbr> HTML element.

Comment

ARGH! Still no geometry shader on SandyBridge!

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
        Intel said "No." If you want it, its gonna come from the community.

Comment

Genuinely curious: With which exact application or game would you use geometry shaders on Sandy Bridge? And does that app/game need geometry shaders to run at all, or can it use them as an optional feature?

Not that I'm saying it wouldn't be nice to have a complete open source driver, but I'm curious if there's an actual real-life downside caused by SB's lacks geometry shaders. The thing is, the Ironlake driver is even less complete, but there I actually know where I'd use the features that the hardware is capable of but will very likely never get implemented.
          Last edited by Gusar; 08-08-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
            Genuinely curious: With which exact application or game would you use geometry shaders on Sandy Bridge? And does that app/game need geometry shaders to run at all, or can it use them as an optional feature?
            I Only want geometry shader to get opengl 3.3 instead of opengl 3.1

Comment

I Only want geometry shader to get opengl 3.3 instead of opengl 3.1
              Obvious question: Why do you want to get opengl 3.3? Just cosmetics or an actual need?

Comment

Working...
              X