Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Adds BPTC Texture Compression To Their Mesa Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel Adds BPTC Texture Compression To Their Mesa Driver

    Phoronix: Intel Adds BPTC Texture Compression To Their Mesa Driver

    Intel has introduced BPTC texture compression support to Mesa and specifically their Intel HD Graphics driver along with the Mesa software rasterizer...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc0Njk

  • #2
    Wow, 4.1 and 4.2 portions are close to done for Intel.

    Comment


    • #3
      thank you intel

      Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      Wow, 4.1 and 4.2 portions are close to done for Intel.
      thank you intel i have sandy and ivy thank you so much

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
        thank you intel i have sandy and ivy thank you so much
        Don't fret just yet - it sure looks to me like Neil implemented it on Ivybridge as well. So you should get it on at least one of your machines. Apparently Sandybridge hardware doesn't support BC7/BPTC, so there's not much the driver developers can do about that.
        Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
        Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

        Comment


        • #5
          OpenGL 4x trifecta

          It's starting to look to me like Mesa 11 - when it is released - could or will contain all three OpenGL upgrades: 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 at once.

          http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt

          Save one or two features down the line, all are either a) done or b) in progress. The big question is GLSL for these three.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing View Post
            It's starting to look to me like Mesa 11 - when it is released - could or will contain all three OpenGL upgrades: 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 at once.

            http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt

            Save one or two features down the line, all are either a) done or b) in progress. The big question is GLSL for these three.
            it is not starting to look this was said in september at mesa presentation. and it was also said 4.2 is most probable since 2 of hardest challenges are in 4.0

            Comment


            • #7
              That chart makes me happy.

              OSX is mostly on 4.2 as well, so any new high end OGL engine should be targeting it. Yea, some hardware doesn't support beyond the 3 series, but I don't think that market is large enough to justify not using the indirect binds everywhere.

              Comment


              • #8
                As i see Dave just marked compute shader now as started (currently stalled)

                http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mes...bcf0c0443c54fb

                That just as example of how that status can be wrong . If something is marked started that does not mean it will be finished very soon, no one knows that exactly . Just to not give people so much high hope, if i can predict... hm, i think one more year for implementation + one year for stabilization . that is for 4.2, and one more year for 4.4... so around 3 years is safe bet for all supported drivers to have OpenGL 4.4, just how now majority of chips have 3.3 implemented .
                Last edited by dungeon; 07-22-2014, 10:00 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yes sorry

                  Originally posted by Kayden View Post
                  Don't fret just yet - it sure looks to me like Neil implemented it on Ivybridge as well. So you should get it on at least one of your machines. Apparently Sandybridge hardware doesn't support BC7/BPTC, so there's not much the driver developers can do about that.
                  yes i see the mail now, michael fault, they write this is only for haswell and new ;p

                  i see they refer gen7 or newer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Could somebody make a spreadsheet of the GL3.txt file? Some parts confuse me, e.g.

                    GL 3.2 --- all DONE: i965, nv50, nvc0, r600, radeonsi
                    ...
                    BGRA vertex order (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra) DONE (r300, swrast)
                    ...

                    Doesn't that mean r300 and swrast haven't implemented it yet? And if so, why is it marked as "all DONE"? Unless, of course, those two CAN'T implement it. But I'm like, 99% sure swrast HAS implemented it so... confused (like I said).

                    A spreadsheet of the .txt file's list of GL features with a column for each MESA driver that can marked+colored as simple "DONE", "IN-PROGRESS", "NOT SUPPORTED", "NOT STARTED" etc I think would make it much easier to keep track of what's what, but that's just my two-cents

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X