Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Haswell Linux Performance For Valve's Source Engine Games

Phoronix: Intel Haswell Linux Performance For Valve's Source Engine Games

Earlier this week I delivered some 13-way AMD open-source Linux GPU benchmarks when tested against Valve's Source Engine powered Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source games. Now up for testing from the Steam Linux client on Ubuntu is the Intel open-source Mesa graphics driver performance with Core i7 "Haswell" graphics.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=19338

Do you still have the Iris laptop ? Would be nice to see result of it, even if rest of the hardware is not comparable.

Comment

Really could do with Iris (Pro) benchmarks as they are particularly impressive.

Comment

I don't have any Iris Pro hardware... Only had the System76 laptop for a few weeks.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I don't have any Iris Pro hardware... Only had the System76 laptop for a few weeks.
          Ok, thank for the info Michael.

Comment

Holy crap! Intel named their GPUs by comparing their performance to the similarly named AMD products when running on the November 2013 open source drivers!! :O Amazing!!!!11!!!1

Comment

I want to see that i7-4770 vs a FX8350 shootout with all those new shiny Nvidia cards you now seem to have in your possession .

Comment

There really must be a big jump with the 3.12 kernel + Mesa 10.0. Will have to update my Arch install soon to test things out for my Radeon HD 4650M!!

@Michael...
                Thanks for posting some Source Engine benchmarks. Really useful!!

Comment

Working...
                X