Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRI3 Support Proposed For Mesa 10.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
    Currently patching up my experimental Gentoo overlay for DRI3 support, will report back...
    In this case, try the new Mesa patches posted on dri-devel.

    The patches were rewritten to create and use a new infrastructure around '__DRIimage' which had already some functionalities like allocate, export fd, import fd, etc.
    The goal was to use a more general interface, so it can be better adapted to other backends (Wayland, gbm, etc).

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by mannerov View Post
      In this case, try the new Mesa patches posted on dri-devel.

      The patches were rewritten to create and use a new infrastructure around '__DRIimage' which had already some functionalities like allocate, export fd, import fd, etc.
      The goal was to use a more general interface, so it can be better adapted to other backends (Wayland, gbm, etc).
      That's newer code than in Keith's git tree's? If so I'll do that. Currently, I've generated patches from merging Keith's changes with the 1.9.1 release of libxcb, xcb-proto, and current master versions of libdrm, xserver, mesa and created ebuilds for the new protos/libxshmfence. I'm currently working on merging the intel driver, is there a patch against the master branch for that? It's looking trickier since UXA has been separated out compared to the code Keith worked from.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
        That's newer code than in Keith's git tree's? If so I'll do that. Currently, I've generated patches from merging Keith's changes with the 1.9.1 release of libxcb, xcb-proto, and current master versions of libdrm, xserver, mesa and created ebuilds for the new protos/libxshmfence. I'm currently working on merging the intel driver, is there a patch against the master branch for that? It's looking trickier since UXA has been separated out compared to the code Keith worked from.
        He updated his git tree some hours ago to contain these new patches.

        For the intel DDX, you should probably try to use directly this old patched DDX, or wait patches for master

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by mannerov View Post
          He updated his git tree some hours ago to contain these new patches.

          For the intel DDX, you should probably try to use directly this old patched DDX, or wait patches for master
          Okay, I should have the latest mesa code then. There was a build failure which I fixed and I've emailed a patch to Keith.

          It looks like the DDX has only been patched to have DRI3 support for UXA at the moment, or am I misreading the diff? I've not given up getting the changes working with SNA against master, if I get it going I'll post a patch to intel-gfx.

          Comment


          • #15
            I've spent time enough on for now. Adapting the DRI3 related changes to SNA have been fairly straightfoward, mostly just finding the appropriate structs in the different files etc, until I started on ..do_pageflip() ... maybe I should just wait until somebody more familiar takes a look...

            Comment

            Working...
            X