Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Latest Mesa 9.2 Results For Intel Haswell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Latest Mesa 9.2 Results For Intel Haswell

    Phoronix: The Latest Mesa 9.2 Results For Intel Haswell

    With new code going into Mesa on a daily basis, here's the very latest benchmarks comparing the state of stable Mesa 9.1.3 against the Mesa 9.2 development code with all of the performance optimizations it brings to the Intel DRI driver for the latest-generation Haswell graphics hardware...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5MzE

  • #2
    How does this compare to their windows driver?

    Comment


    • #3
      @Michael would be cool if you could include some screen shots. I've been testing Mesa recently and the i965 driver has been producing some beautiful garbage on the screen.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
        How does this compare to their windows driver?
        if i remember intel said it will be on pair to windows around the 1st of the year

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by log0 View Post
          @Michael would be cool if you could include some screen shots. I've been testing Mesa recently and the i965 driver has been producing some beautiful garbage on the screen.
          Could you provide a bit more information (i.e. what game/program, driver version/hardware in use)? It would be great if you could file a bug on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. Thanks!
          Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
          Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

          Comment


          • #6
            is it some kind of politics?

            It seems to me Michael on purpose does not show a comparison to windows results.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by apholux View Post
              It seems to me Michael on purpose does not show a comparison to windows results.

              Hey, Windows licenses aren't free, and you still need to install it (which takes some time).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kayden View Post
                Could you provide a bit more information (i.e. what game/program, driver version/hardware in use)? It would be great if you could file a bug on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. Thanks!
                It has been filed already. So I guess you'll get to it sometime... I've been just wondering whether it is really constrained to a single application and/or chipset. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65236

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by log0 View Post
                  It has been filed already. So I guess you'll get to it sometime... I've been just wondering whether it is really constrained to a single application and/or chipset. https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65236
                  Ah! Thanks for the link, and especially the short apitrace! It looks like it works on Ivybridge at least - my guess is this bug only affects Gen4 and maybe Gen5. Hopefully I can take a look soon, though I won't have access to a GM45 for a few days.

                  Michael, I noticed that PTS still uses vdrift-2010-06-30. That's about two years out of date, and the 2010 version has a bug that makes it render mostly white on i965, so it isn't too useful. Would it be possible to update it to the 2012 release?
                  Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
                  Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X