The First Experience Of Intel Haswell On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Before you complain, 2x4Gb of DDR3 2133Mhz is dirt cheap even with a default voltage as low as 1.5v. It's not like I'd expect Larabel to kill his beer and beanbag chair budget on DDR3 2.8Ghz.
    Unfortunately RAM prices have practically doubled in the past 8 months. The dirt cheap days are behind us for now.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      Unfortunately RAM prices have practically doubled in the past 8 months. The dirt cheap days are behind us for now.
      All I'm hearing is whining.

$68.99 GeIL EVO Leggara 2x 4GB 1.5v DDR3-2133 PC3-17000 CAS-11-11-11-36 GEL38GB2133C11DC

Won't break the bank, has decent headroom and low voltage, ram with better timings is within $5 this is just the cheapest at this speed and voltage.

If Larabel hadn't been so stupid in his ad whoring and start attacking mobo manufacturers he'd likely get more good hardware from the manufacturers and not have such crappy mobos as the one he used to test the i7-4770K.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
        Originally posted by mike4
        Combining the onboard Haswell graphics with a GTX 780 should work fine in Ubuntu 13.10? Any problems to expect?
        Thanks
        Massive heat and power consumption problems. The results in the linked articles where with the Thermalright U120E cooler, not the stock cooler. Save your money and use a different non Haswell CPU.
        I thought Haswell's power consumption was less than previous models and that the cpu was well supported by the latest linux kernel.
        Are you talking about the Haswell + GTX combination specifically?

Comment

Working...
        X